Grand Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in New Orleans
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Avenue Plaza Resort(New Orleans)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
Columns Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Prytania Oaks Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommander's palaceb bgarden districtgreenwood roomcomplimentary sherrymagazine ststreetcar stopupstairs porchbeignet placeextra touchesearly departurelafayette cemeterycreature comfortsfrench quartersuper comfortable bedbreakfast was deliciouslocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

New Orleans is well supplied with places to stay when visiting New Orleans. I suggest you try Grand Victorian. The GV B&B is a beasutiful pace to lay down each night. It is easily accesible, on St. Charles Ave, and the B&B is dated from the late 1800's Bonnie, thye inn-keeper greeted us, showed us our room, explained as much about New Orleans as we didn't already know. Breakfast is good, the beds are great, the ambiance is wonderful. And the great thing is that the streetcar stops in front of the house. Easy to go to and from the Fernch Quartersm if that is where you want to go. We enjoyed our stay and will return. As my beloved was busy with a workshop the day we checked out I was allowed to hang around after checking out. Hospitality was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

First of all we enjoy and almost always stay in a bed and breakfast when we travel. Below are our unbiased pros and cons for a seven night stay.

PROS
The Garden District is stunning with all of its historical homes.
Very convenient location for catching the street car across the street and walking the neighborhood.
Staff was friendly.
Towels were very good and changed daily.
Balcony was pleasant to relax on and sip house provided sherry.

CONS
Continental breakfast offered is not up to the room price level.
Daily room housekeeping was marginal.
Sherry glasses were not always washed after being used. Had to ask for bathroom water glasses.
Stained bath rug, which then became more soiled, was never replaced.
Sheets were not changed during our stay.
Bathroom floors, toilet and tub were not cleaned on a daily basis.
Older small TV had extremely poor unwatchable static reception when we turned it on to see the news.
Nice chocolates were left bedside but for only two out of the seven nights.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jbhnlh
NOLAbar, Owner at Grand Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Nanncy,

I am so sorry that you had such a bad housekeeping experience at my home. Realizing that this is way after the fact, I have brought this review to the attention of my staff and have implemented a more stringent review policy of daily housekeeping results.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My regret is that I didn't know this was happening at the time because corrections would have been made immediately and you might have had a more enjoyable stay at my house.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed here several days between Christmas and New Year's eve, we loved it. The owner and the staff are very welcoming and professional. The parlor was decorated for Christmas with traditional ornaments, right down to the Mr. Bingle doll on the sofa. The location is great, right by a streetcar stop and down the street from Commander's Palace and Coquette restaurant. Magazine Street has great shopping just 6 blocks away. The area is beautiful, lots of historic homes and lush landscaping. The house is beautifully restored and full of nice antique furniture. Our room was spacious and had a very comfortable bed with soft sheets. The bathroom and room were kept very clean by the staff. We liked the extra touches like the sherry in the room and the early bird coffee, and the little shared refrigerator on the second floor for your leftovers or soda. The staff was excellent, they gave great advice on places to eat, they also sell streetcar passes which was very convenient. They have a well stocked library of brochures for tourists, including streetcar routes/times/maps and maps of the shops etc on Magazine Street. I thought it was a very good value.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Despite sitting on St Charles with the cars and street cars driving past, a throughly relaxing place to stay. Loved the service (ask what to do, where to go - great local insider info) and the small buffet breakfast is tastily rotational. Enjoy the antique furniture, dining room and drawing room in this quaint, medium sized mansion.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at the pictures and videos on the website, deinitely an accurate look at the rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominique M
Reviewed 15 November 2011

the B&B is located on St Charles at both a rail-car stop and a stoplight. Between the screeching rail cars and cars peeling down the street, sirens, and the like, I simply wasn't able to sleep (and I was given suppossedly the quietiest room). I do need quiet to go to sleep. If you are one of those I'm out the instant my head hits the pillow people this place will work for you or if you are planning to get drunk the FQ then also good. Otherwise, stay away. the breakfast is very underwhelming---a canned-boxed spread worthy of a small Texas town but not New Orleans. The highlights? Boiled eggs. In second place--Canned Biscuits. I'm not kidding. I left early. There was no refund even for nights beyond 24 hours.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple