1,244 results
All reviews the executive lounge french quarter st charles parade route corner room mardi gras beautiful hotel valet parking few blocks convention center jackson square nola concierge cbd drawers trolley canal
Reviewed 15 July 2018

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, and I got that way by staying exclusively at hotels in the Hilton portfolio. I expected a lot better than I got. Granted this appears to be an older boutique style hotel, but then perhaps Hilton should market it as such and not call it a Hilton but one of their specialized brands like Curio or Tapestry.

My issues began with the check-in process. There were two people at the desk, both with customers who managed to have their own problems. These problems just dragged on, and at times the employees had to confer with one another to help to rectify whatever was going on. I remained "next" on line for at least 20 minutes, maybe more. After a long day in New Orleans humidity, all I wanted was a quick check-in and to relax in my air conditioned room. Here I had checked in online and selected my room but I wasn't able to get to it. My Diamond status was recognized with 2 bottles of water, which I would not have gotten had I used the smartphone key feature.

Finally up in my room, I had just settled down and taken my shoes and socks off, and the fire alarm went off. Now I had to get myself back together, walk down 6 flights of stairs, and then I got to the lobby to find out that somebody's cigarette activated the alarm. Announcements stating the false alarm took place after I had already evacuated, so now what ensued was a long, crowded elevator ride stopping on every floor as people came out of the staircases and went back to their rooms.

Ready to relax again, and attempting to charge my phone and plug in my laptop computer, I found that the room had only 1 available outlet behind the work desk. There was no way to use more than one at the desk. Likewise next to the bed, I had to reach behind the night table to find one available outlet to plug in my phone while sleeping. Usually there are multiple outlets in a lamp or something.

Then we come to 12 midnight when a couple came down the hall arguing with one another, and they happened to be in the room next to mine. So I found out how thin the walls are when for the next half hour I hear shouting and cursing taking place between them.

Other than the lack of electric outlets, the bed was comfortable, I was able to maintain the climate control, and Executive Lounge for breakfast was large. There was a problem too with myself and several other guests whose card keys were supposed to work for entry into the 7th Floor Executive Lounge. Nobody's keys worked, and after waiting by the door for a while, somebody came out and let us in, also ascertaining that they didn't have card access either.

Perhaps some of these issues are not the hotel's fault, but other guests ignoring what the hotel bills on its website as a non-smoking policy and drunken post-midnight arguments should provide a clear view of the clientele this property seems to attract.

Check-out was OK, but I was in a hurry to catch my app based ride so I did not spend time mentioning these issues. In short, no I would not recommend this place and it won't be under consideration by me the next time I return to New Orleans.

Room tip: I did not hear street noise up on the 6th floor
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Kevin K,

We're sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is very important to us, and we apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests, and the inconvenience caused by key card access to the executive lounge. We try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and regret that we did not meet that expectation for you. Safe travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Checked into this hotel this afternoon around 12:30 pm. This evening , I tried repeatedly to call room service and the
front desk, all to no avail. Finally, after 30 minutes, I
was able to get room service and ordered a glass of wine. Thirty minutes passed and I still didn’t receive a glass
of wine. Called back, finally another 10 minutes later, received a glass of wine. Never was able to contact the front
Desk until I called the Hilton customer service number.After holding for over 10 minutes, the front
Desk answered and claimed they
Had been busy checking in guests! Total incompetence! Will not stay
At this hotel again and have
To wonder about the entire Hilton
hotel corporate entity because if
This is an example of their product, it is unacceptable !

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Carmel S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. We've addressed the problems you mentioned with room service. Safe travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

great hotel ,quiet great rooms good beds very clean ,pillows could be better,I don't know hotels cant provide 4 pillows per bed two firm and two soft ?I didn't eat at hotel restaurant or bar! Breakfast was good .

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ghammer60
Reviewed 12 July 2018

The Hilton St. Charles is a very nice hotel with a friendly staff. Not too far from Bourban Street. Hotel Restaurant is a oyster bar if that's your thing. A lot of construction on St. Charles but the trolley picks you up on St. Charles as well.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Even though the location was very good the cleanliness of our room was lacking. Our room was barely cleaned each day and our trash was not taken out. We had to ask for the proper number of linens each day because the linens were not replenished properly. Also dirty glasses were not removed from the room and replaced with clean ones.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Miri L, on behalf of management at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Robin B

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Miri L.