All reviewsfrenchman streetfaubourg marignyboiled eggsminute walkfrench quarterfelt like homeother guestswasher dryerhouse is beautifulvery pleasant staystayed two nightsb bsquiet streetenjoyed our staywould stay againcarljazz
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

If i want to describe the burgundy bed&breakfast with one word it is wonderful joe and federico are nice and ready to answer a puery. The house is clean, tidy and quit. The guests are nice and the morning breakfast with them is a pleasure in itself. Room are rich in ancient history. The hot tube is comfortable to enjoy and relaxing all the time. And really if i go back to new orleans again there is no alternative to the burgundy without hesitation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Although we only stayed for one night, we loved this place!!! carl was soo helpful. we felt as if we were at home!! He gave us tons of insight on where to go. He even helped his other guests book their excursions, when he didn't have to. He genuinely cares about his guests having a great time in the city

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Burgundy b&b is a very welcoming and cosy place just off Frenchmen street where you can enjoy great music every night. My friend and I stayed two nights here and had a wonderful time. We were greeted by Cindy, who were nice and helpful and gave us all information we needed for a couple of days in New Orleans. Without her advise our stay wouldn't have been this great!
The B&B is quiet and calm, with a friendly atmosphere, have great breakfast and it's close to Frenchmen street and the French quarters with pubs, great food and live music. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank tua9
Carl S, Owner at The Burgundy Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

i am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry I missed you while I was out of town, but Cindee is a great inn keeper, as you noticed. I hope to see you next time!
Carl

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I found the Burgundy on the internet for a place to stay in New Orleans after a cruise for my daughter and I. We had never been to New Orleans and were completely unfamiliar with the area. We decided to check out a bed and breakfast that was near the French Quarter and found the Burgundy. I can't say enough good things about this bed and breakfast. Not knowing what time we would disembark our cruise ship, I told them we wouldn't be there until 2 p.m. We got off much earlier than anticipated and found the Burgundy by 9:30a.m. I called to see if we could drop off our luggage while we went in search of a laundry mat. The lady in charge (I can't remember her name) was very welcoming. She said our room wasn't ready but we were welcome to come on inside and use their washer and dryer. We did that while they got our room ready which was ready within an hour. After we ate some lunch and got our laundry done, she sat down with my daughter and I and helped us plan our stay since we had never been there before. She was incredibly helpful.

Our room was very nice. It had a double bed and a twin bed, both were very comfortable. The full bathroom was in the bedroom. The room also had a television, dressers and an alarm clock. Breakfast was served from 8a.m -10a.m. and was delicious. There were a a variety of cereals, bagels, croissants, muffins, juice, milk, toast, etc. Other items such as eggs and sausage were available upon request.

We paid $155 per night which was considerably cheaper than staying right in the French Quarter. We drove back and forth from the Burgundy to the French Quarter. It is walkable, but would be a decent walk. I would recommend taking an Uber or Taxi to the from rather than driving. Parking is difficult to find and can be quite expensive.
That was a lesson learned on our part.

I highly recommend staying at the Burgundy Bed and Breakfast for your stay in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms online and decide which is best for you.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie G
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This B&B is incredibly charming. The house is beautiful and is on a quiet street in the Marigny which is such a fun neighborhood. Easy walking to Bywater to the East and the Quarter and CBD to the West assuming you like to walk and explore.

We stayed in the Red Room which is plenty large for two people and has it's own private door for entering and exiting (and opens up to private courtyard). As Northerners the 80% humidity during our stay was a wakeup call so were glad that the room has a powerful ceiling fan and in-unit A/C!

Our only regret was not having more time to chat with Carl who we found to be a fantastic host, but with everything on our agenda we were mostly only at the B&B to sleep and spent the rest of the time enjoying all the city has to offer.

Overall a great value and we really enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Only a 10 minute walk to the western entrance to Crescent Park, great for walking/running on a sunny day!
Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple