All reviewshot tinrooftop bargarden districtmile high pietennessee williamsle labofamily suitestreetcar named desiremagazine streetfrench quarterstreetcar stopcharles avenuelafayette cemeterythe penthousehistoric hoteleasy accesswedding weekend
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Great view and Terrence at check-in could not do enough. Everyone had evacuated from FL. It was chaotic. The hotel ran smoothly even with dogs everywhere. My view was overlooking St Charles Ave. wonderful. And pls try the Hot Tin rooftop bar. One of the best views n NOLA

Room Tip: Corner over St Charles. (RM 901) quiet too
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Erin M
Pontchartrain H, General Manager at The Pontchartrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Erin M,

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to read Terrence provided outstanding service, I will definitely let him know about your review. I hope that you will choose the Pontchartrain Hotel if travel brings you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Loved staying at the Ponchartrain and would return. The Garden district is beautiful. Wish it had a pool and it would be perfect. Food was excellent. Great service. Room was elegant with a fabulous view. A bit musty smelling in the hallways by the elevator but other than that I can't complain.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear LISA A,

Thank you for the great review! The Garden District is a beautiful area, I am glad the staff provided great service! I hope that you will choose the Pontchartrain Hotel if travel brings you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband and I have been to New Orleans many times. I love being on the St. Charles streetcar line, and I love being able to walk to Magazine Street. Although I didn't use it, I noticed that there was a visitor's bureau across the street from the hotel where a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus stopped.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear rca53,

Thank you for the great review! I hope that you will choose the Pontchartrain Hotel if travel brings you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced hotel located on beautiful St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District of New Orelans. Very clean with friendly staff. Also has a restaurant and several bars onsite. Rooms are very comfortable with snack bar, room safe, etc. Only thing missing was a coffee pot! I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear WMMBR,

Thank you for the great review! I hope you had an opportunity to try the Silver Whistle coffee shop located in the lobby, we offer a great cup of specialty blend coffee. I am glad to read you will recommend us and stay again!

All the best,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Absolutely love this hotel! Jerry at the front desk and every staff member we encountered were friendly and absolutely incredible. The hotel is in a beautiful neighborhood within walking distance to many shops and restaurants and a quick and convenient trolley ride to the French Quarter. The room we stayed in was large and well decorated; felt very classic New Orleans in all its glory. The food downstairs was delicious and enjoying a drink as the sun set at the roof top bar could not be beat. I really cannot say enough great things about this hotel. We will never stay anywhere else in New Orleans.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank kathrynt452
Pontchartrain H, General Manager at The Pontchartrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear kathryn452,

Thank you for the great review! I will let Jerry know he provided great service! Thank you for letting me know about your Pontchartrain experience!

All the best,