“Outstanding service and food”
Review of Doris Metropolitan

Doris Metropolitan
Ranked #12 of 2,104 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Our server, Renée, was excellent, attentive and friendly. Our steaks were melt in your mouth tender, and just in case you wanted a little more umami, my filet came with a bone with a tiny fork to lift the marrow to melt on the steak.

Some excellent wines chosen well to pair with the offered entrées, lined the walls on individual bottle-sized shelves, adding to the elegance of the decor.

Well worth a visit if you’re craving an excellent steak.

1  Thank Janet F

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Doris Metropolitan was our choice for dinner night 2 in New Orleans since we enjoyed fish as entrees night one. We could not have made a better selection.

The restaurant is conveniently located in the French Quarter about one to two blocks from Jackson Square. The atmosphere is consistent with old-line steak houses- dark wood, wine displayed on walls though we were a bit surprised by recorded music playing throughout our meal.

They do serve other items but I question why you would go to a steakhouse for other than a steak. I enjoyed a 31 day aged new york strip with bone. Minimal fat yet the meat was so tender. One thing I really liked was their menu is very descriptive of how they cook your meal-telling you exactly what medium will translate too inside and out or medium well etc.

The food is served with a great presentation and is so tasty.

The service was outstanding. Staff is extremely friendly and definitely well trained.

I would encourage reservations. Unless you are eating on a business meal reimbursement consider this a splurge but it is definitely well worth it. Wine List is extensive though cabernets below $100 are limited; fortunately, we recognized an excellent Goldschmidt cab from Napa for about $70.

1  Thank WillieMacfan
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here during our visit to New Orleans. Great service and food was fine dining quality. We very much enjoyed our evening and it is highly recommended.

1  Thank Vc6535
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant by far stands out as my most favorite place to eat at. My husband and I love to travel and eat at high end restaurants. This restaurant is now a required stop on our trips to NOLA. You must try the sweetbreads for an appetizer! I had my first Wagyu steak a Doris’ and it was out of this world. There is absolutely nothing like it. It will be almost impossible for me to eat another steak anywhere else.

1  Thank January J
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We were attracted by their large meat aging zone that is visible from the street. Doris offers around 8 different cuts, with different aging periods. We went for two ribeyes, which were cooked to perfection. They have a decent wine list, with good by-the-glass offerings, which we made use of. What sets Doris apart in New Orleans is its modern design, big tables, and a good separation between individual tables. Most competitors are either super crowded and/or very old fashioned. Doris is thus a perfect place to relax a bit from the crowds. Our server was competent and gave good advice on meats and wines, thus, we would definitely come back again.

1  Thank SteveZug