“Pool disappointment”

Ranked #127 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Milwaukee
“Pool disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Hotel is clean and appears to be recently remodeled. Room is nicely furnished, clean, flat screen tv, coffeemaker, refrigerator, clean and comfortable bed. It has short stubby pillows but it doesn't bother me since I always bring my own anyway. Large bathroom with nicely done shower. Shower curtain was a bit short but workable. Water pressure could have been better. Suction toilet was nice. Well lit parking lot.

Neighborhood is sketchy. I wouldn't walk around, especially at night but there isn't really anything to walk to anyway. A ten minute trip will get you to the French Quarter.

Now the HUGE dealbreaker for me. I came here to lie out in the sun and absorb all those rays. Well, I'm on day 3 and the pool area is still closed. They keep telling me it will be open soon (hours) but it never is. I was again promised tomorrow it would be open. Which is my last freaking day. Honestly, I think they just don't want to open it because then they will have to pay to clean it(to an outside vendor). If it is not open by checkout time I'm canceling my last night and going across the street to Comfort Suites. If you need a clean place to crash this will work for you but don't expect much else.

Room Tip: Room 300 was nice. At the end of the hallway (so less traffic) and I was able to look out at my car...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Darrin M
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Darrin M,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am pleased you liked your room accommodations. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Ok. This place isn't bad, but one staff member said that they would charge our Double Bed room for the price of a King with Government Rate. And also, the neighborhood isn't very spectacular either. One thing that makes it a 3 star rating is because of an abandoned motel being next to the hotel. It looks more like a hotel for bums. And not to mention, there are quite a few cops driving by the hotel. The room looks nice, flat screen TV however, makes a funny beeping sound when it starts up or shuts down. The pool seemed nice. The breakfast was delicious and had creamy, and tasty cinnamon rolls. So overall, the place is nice with courteous staff. I give it a three because of the neighborhood and that one "employee."

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mitchellthetraveler
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Mitchellthetraveler,

Thank you very much for writing us a review regarding your recent stay. It's nice to hear that you like our breakfast options especially our famous cinnamon rolls. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had during your stay. I understand the inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed. Thank you for staying with us and we would hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, LA.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
York, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Very friendly, helpful and knowledgable staff. The most comfortable hotel bed we slept in during our 3 weeks in USA. Clean and secure. Good Wifi. A long way out of town. Pair it with Triple J Transportation who will inexpensively ferry you to and from town every day. James from TripleJ is a mine of information on NOLA. The only downside to this hotel is the standard Holiday Inn Express Breakfast. While there is a variety of food available for breakfast it is all highly processed and not very nutritionally balanced, kinda standard mediocre American food.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise D
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My family of 9 stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the day before we were to leave on a cruise. We were treated like we were the only guest at this hotel. The rooms were very clean. Which I am really funny about. The continental breakfast was like eating in a restaurant. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, gravy and biscuts. The service was excellent!!!. Just excellent!!! We were greeted at the front desk by Preslyn. She was nothing short of the best. She went above and beyond her job discription. I appricate great customer service and she was came through. She helped us get the rooms we needed and then she worked with us to get us the best transportation to the curise ship. And we did get the best driver James from Triple "J" Transportation and Tours. My hat is off to this hotel. a +10 rating. My family will make sure we pass the word on this one. Thank you so much starting our vacation off to a great start.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rhonda53ohio
Ocoee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East. The room/bathroom was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. For an express hotel, this really exceeded my expectations. The complimentary breakfast was good. This hotel is only about 5-7 miles from the Michoud Assembly Facility which made it very convenient. I will definitely stay here again if I'm on business travel

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator but never was there a hint of noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business