Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
US$ 259
US$ 421
US$ 400
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 197
US$ 291
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 249
US$ 208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 176
  • Pool
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$ 285
US$ 263
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 359
US$ 346
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 269
US$ 263
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubb bfun neighborhoodfrench quarterfrenchman streetshared bathroommarigny districtswimming poolfew blockssafe neighborhoodhome away from homenice poola great place to staymardi grasan easy walkdefinitely stay here againnola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2012

After reviewing many bed and breakfast establishments on the web, I was so relieved to find Lions Inn. While I knew I wouldn't be in the room a lot, I can't handle the over the top decor so many other places had. Lions Inn provided tastefully simple decor, an absolutely stunning pool and pond area and top notch hospitality, The location is the best of both worlds: close enough to experience the action and far enough away to leave it behind. I booked the Sun Room and the only minor inconvenience was: the patio table where most guests eat breakfast was right outside the door. Just due to the proximity of the patio and the fact that I am a light sleeper, the noise level in the morning woke me a bit earlier than I had wanted. Next time, and there certainly will be a next time, I'll bring earplugs or pick a different room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The experience with Floyd was due to another property that he manages. The place had bugs that showed up the first night we stayed there.. The next morning around 10am I went over and discussed it with him.. Told him i would pay for the second night so i could leave my stuff there and not have to leave it in the car in the middle of new orleans i did not under any circumstances want to be in that place for three nights I just felt after driving from missouri i wanted to atleast experience a part of missouri.... He was fine with this .So I had paid 165 over the phone and gave him 215 cash for the cleaning fee and second night rent. Total of 380. I told him i didnt know if we would actually stay there or not because the bug really freaked me out... Well we went on our way to site see and about 6ish we returned and we were planning our night activities... Floyd called and said if we didnt leave right away that he would charge my card with or without my permission for the third night. I told him that i didnt feel this was right.. He accused me of planting the bugs... threatened to run my card without my permission due to the cancellation policy of course there no mention in that policy about being mislead about the property and called me names like a con artist. We ended up having to leave and pay to stay somewhere else... So he took my 380 and we were in there less than 24 hours and we did not plant bugs.. i was on my honeymoon for goodness sakes!!!

It doesnt matter to me where you stay. I just want you to know that if you are willing to take a chance of being with big roaches and if you want to take a chance of threats of false charges to your card. And a chance of being that close to the french quarters without a place to stay... this is the place to go. I wish ya better luck than we had...

im sure he has his reasons but is it worth chancing it on your vacation?

Room Tip: anywhere away from floyd
Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank shalena p
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed at Lions Inn for 3 nights in early May with my gf and father and we all just loved it. The inn is in a great location, being close to Frenchman and the quarter but not TOO close, with plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby. The affable host, Floyd, is great to talk to and has an abundance of info on NO and great stories, to boot. For those looking for a mother hen, Floyd isn't that; if you need something, just ask, but he won't follow you around asking if you're OK every five seconds, either(thank goodness).
As others have said, the courtyard is peaceful and beautiful, and the wine and cheese hour is a great time to rise after a bit of a siesta and chit chat with guests from all over the world. Oh, and the pool/hot tub is wonderful in the evenings after a day of running around.

We will be back to stay with Floyd!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank poeticchampion
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

Backayard really great : inground pool, small pound with red fishes and plants, rock paveways with zen corner, happy hour from 5pm till 6pm with wine and cheese served to guests, simply perfect! The garden vegetation is tropical with a huge amount of flowers.

The cleaness of the rooms is impeccable and the every details is there.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 17 April 2012

New Orleans is one of our favorite cities, and the Lions Inn makes it even better! Floyd, the owner and proprietor, and his staff are gracious and helpful. The inn is lovely, the rooms are nice and the pool and gardens are green and luscious. It's in a great location - close enough to walk to the Quarter, but in a friendly, quiet neighborhood. One of our family came down with a respiratory infection, and they took good care of her with trips to a nearby Walgreen's for remedies. Some of the other guests were repeat customers, and I can see why!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple