Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
US$ 468
US$ 366
US$ 332
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 289
  • Pool
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$ 352
US$ 344
US$ 310
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 271
US$ 263
  • Breakfast included
Maison Dupuy(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 292
US$ 224
Travelocity
US$ 281
US$ 267
Travelocity
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
US$ 186
DruryHotels.com
US$ 429
US$ 389
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubb bfun neighborhoodfrench quarterfrenchman streetshared bathroommarigny districtswimming poolfew blockssafe neighborhoodhome away from homenice poola great place to staymardi grasan easy walkdefinitely stay here againnola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

On my second, extended visit to New Orleans I returned to the Lions Inn and once again had peaceful sleep and a most relaxing time in excellent surroundings. Their accommodation is clean and comfortable, the breakfast is hearty and convivial with other guests and the standard of service from Floyd McLamb and his staff is very high. Rooms have all facilities, but if you have particular needs or require information on local activities and attractions, Floyd is always on hand to oblige. Otherwise you are left in peace to enjoy the lovely pool, the garden and the great neighbourhood. Close to Frenchmen Street and the French Quarter, yet away from the hustle and bustle, it really is an oasis of calm and serenity to return to and enjoy. Rooms are very fairly priced and I will certainly be staying there again (travelling from Ireland). Locally, I recommend you visit the Healing Centre, Maurepas Foods (great cocktails!), Elizabeths (great dinner), Schiros (authentic curry) and Dr. Bobs (folk art). I have fallen in love with New Orleans (who wouldn't!) and I can say with certainty that my two stays at the Lions Inn contributed immensely to my enjoyment of vacations there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bruinTralee
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Everything about this B&B is lovely. The rooms (our group was in 1, A, B, and D) were cozy and comfortable. Room A, in particular, was much bigger then it appeared in the pictures on the website.

The hosts were sweet and accommodating, the patio and pool area a welcome respite on the warm afternoons.

I have nothing negative to say about our stay, at all!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dorothymonkey
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Lion's Inn Bed & Breakfast provided clean functional lodging for part of my stay in New Orleans while attending the Tennessee Williams Festival. It was also very affordable in a city that CAN be very expensive. Floyd McLamb puts out a generous and healthy cold breakfast (plus coffee and tea) and is a very welcoming, relaxed and informed host. There's a lovely garden and pool which must be a haven on very hot days. It's also just a beautiful house to spend some time in. Thanks to Floyd and Ed .... Steven Bush

Room Tip: Note that Room D - where I stayed - is VERY cosy: If you're very tall or wide or tend to claustrophobia, pick another room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

It was a great location. Wish we could've stayed longer and enjoyed the perks of a B&B. We have never been to one and we had a great time. We were able to make breakfastone morning and it was very nice. We were able to meet other guests and chat for a while. We unfortunatley never made the wine and cheese hour. Floyd was always there and very very nice. He had plenty of stories to share. We stayed in Room C. It has two quuen beds that are comfortable, a ceiling fan (a must for me) and great a/c. I will caution, the stairs are very very steep. The ONLY complaint, and it was lisited with someone else, was the bars of soap were extremely small. I understand wanting to save on it but they were small. One bar lasted one shower for two people. Close enough to the french quarter yet far anough away from the noise. Again, was very nice and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Room C is a nice room, two queen beds. Howver, very steep stairs to get there, but well worth it
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed in Room #3 (two twin beds) with my septuagenarian father. The room and bathroom (private, but across the hall) were adequate, the AC and fan worked well, and we enjoyed our visit. Only complaints: the shower soaps were ridiculously small and unusable, so we had to buy our own. Also, the armoire door didn't stay completely closed and would easily just completely open up. Finally, our room faced Chartres, and cars and voices of passersby at night sometimes interrupted sleep, as did the extremely noisy garbage collectors early on Monday morning. However, the property's location was perfect - not too far from the French Quarter (about a mile to get well into it) and close to the great restaurants and bars/musical establishments on Frenchman. We both found shuttles from/to the airport. Mine actually dropped me off right at the B&B - NOLAairportshuttle (Reece/Reese was very friendly). Finally, Floyd was a good host, and we met a few other guests who were quite friendly. Overall, a great time in New Orleans with the Lions Inn as a good base for our stay.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms #2 and #3, as they're right on Chartres, unless you stay out pretty late (past midnight/1am) and/or are a heavy sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family