“Tasty and friendly!”

Ranked #44 of 93 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went here every morning during our stay. The woman behind the counter was so friendly and gave us good food and activity recommendations, and was fun to talk to. Not to mention every drink and food item we tried was excellent! Their chicory coffee and iced chai are excellent.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped here because it was so close to our hotel. Great service, great coffee, friendly people!
Delicious bakery items. NOLA worthy!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

The title says it all. I didn't want a breakfast sandwich at the time, but if I did on a different day I would go back.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Don't understand how there could be so many good reviews. Service is terrible. Went in to order a breakfast sandwich (which they advertise) and a coffee - which is what they are ALL about. Um. Not. Sat AM - place is totally empty. One guy on a laptop out front. I should have known to leave then, but no, I think - I want to give a little local place some business. I go to the counter and say "Hello?" Guy rises up from under the counter like a storm cloud. No hello, no smile. Hm. I say "I'm so excited to try this place - I didn't even know you were here and I work across the street". No response. Staring at me. I order an egg and turkey sandwich. He rings it up, no response. I say, "Oh I see Cuban coffee on the menu - do you have it?" No response. Blinks. I ask, "Can you make an iced Cuban coffee?" Stares at me. He rings up something. I ask what milk options there are - he says, "Soy". I say,"Do you also have cow milk?" He nods. I say, "Great, I'll do that please." He says "I'll tell you when it's ready". I feel dismissed, and go sit. I'm reading a menu and see they have various types of milk. I go back up to the counter. I ask, "Can I have skim milk if you have it please?" He turns around, "You aren't getting any milk, you are getting a shot of iced Cuban coffee". I say, "Oh I'm sorry for the confusion - I meant an iced Cuban with milk" (Did he miss the whole milk conversation??). He says "I only charged you for a shot." I say, "That's ok, I'll pay you more." He says "I'll give you milk, but it will be in a tiny cup." (and shows me an espresso cup). I say "I'd like a regular sized iced Cuban coffee please." He huffs and puffs, bangs things. I give up and leave, even though I already paid. It was like pulling teeth in there. Don't waste your time or money unless you have all day to explain your order and like being treated like you bother the coffee guy.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

They offer a variety of coffee drinks, some limited pastry and breakfast options. Not the best coffee in the city there are much, much better places to go for a great cup of coffee. I suppose it will do if you are unable to try something else. The environment is good for studying or quiet pursuits.