“Slow service”

Add it.
Seaport Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Arrived here late and the restaurant was not that busy. Had to call over a waitress. Got the Chicke Gumbo soup right away which was so excellent that I wished I had ordered the full size bowl. Then the wait began for the blackened Red Fish that the waitress had recommended. After about 25 minutes with no visit by my waitress, I asked someone to check my order. My waitress then came and told me that it would be just a few minutes. After about 15 minutes later, I finally got my main dish which was good but not that large. I was still hungry afterwards. Took a while still to get the bill and checkout.

2  Thank FastTripper

Reviewed 16 June 2005

At a loss one rainy lunchtime in June we took cover in this restaurant! We were told not to eat on Bourbon Street but hey...

Ended up eating a Seafood Combo & a steak along with desserts of a bread pudding & a cheesecake. Ohhh... and a few cocktails too!

It was all very nice - minor compalint that the Seafood Combo thing had probably been left on a hot plate for a touch too long.

A touch expensive for what it was but it is NO!

3  Thank D4T4
Reviewed 30 November 2004

Eating at Seaport Cafe & Bar on Burbon Street was the worst, worst dining experience I ever had. They really don't care if you will come back at all as they get the tourist customers anyway because of its location. Please try to avoid this despicable restaurant as much as possible.

2  Thank Pathfinder25127
Reviewed 10 September 2004

If you enjoy eating I would recommend the Seaport restaurant on Bourbon Street. All 6 of us had delicious dinners and the atmosphere is comfortable. The staff is very frinedly too. Several of us enjoyed "muffelatta" sandwiches there. Another fine place to eat was the French Quarter Bistro. Again all the meals were great. I enjoyed my seafood Po-boy. This place has a nice setting, friendly service, good food, and great Hurricane drinks. And of course do not miss Cafe' Munde for the Cafe Au Lait and Beignets.

3  Thank BARBENDEN