“Great beer selections and friendly staff”
Review of Sun Ray Grill - CLOSED

Sun Ray Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great beer selections and amazing spinach and artichoke dip!!:) We stopped in here about half an hour before it closed and were the only ones sitting at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. We couldn't decide what kind of beer we wanted to get, so she gave us some samples, which was really helpful! The beer was great. We just wanted something to snack on, so we got the spinach and artichoke dip, and it was delicious. The rest of the food on their menu looked really good as well. Definitely check this place out, especially if you are walking from the Garden District back to the French Quarter!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hosted a party for 40 people of all ages at Sun Ray Grill in the Warehouse District 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic! The owners were very courteous and helpful with the planning, the waitstaff including the bartender were extremely attentive and the food was delicious. We had a great time and would do it it all over again. Thanks for a memorable night for our friends and family!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had our department Christmas party at Sun Ray Grill a few weeks ago, I've been meaning to write a review because we had such a great time! There was a large group of us, 16 or 17, all demanding (annoying) doctors exhausted from working over the holidays. The food was delicious! Everyone loved the guacamole, I tried the fish tacos, and I had the tuna. It was perfect. The drinks were great, we all had a few margaritas, which came in fun flavors. The best part though was our server, Mario. He took excellent care of all of us, he was so fun and funny, and gave us perfect suggestions when we had questions. He was the life of the party! Thanks, Mario!

2  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our conceirge at the Hampton Inn recommended this short walk to Sun Ray Grill for our 4:00 p.m. "just arrived in NOLA and we're starving" meal. It looked nice but they were fine with us being in sweatshirts and travel weary. WE shared an order of Thai riblets for an appetizer. My son loved them, I didn't like the slight fishy tast. I had the Pecan Chicken Salad. If you love pecans, you will love this. Delish. My hubby had the Cajun fish and chips and said it was one of the top 2 he has every eaten (including in England). He loved it. The burgers were HUGE for my boys and my daughter liked her shrimp platter. The staff were friendly and helpful. We'd go here again.

1  Thank friendoftoodleloo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Dana, thanks for your follow-up email. The wedding was a tremendous success and you and your team set the table!

I personally want to thank you for what I feel was the best meal we experienced while we were there last week. The event planning was coordinated perfectly, Tracey was the perfect host and Brittany provided us excellent service throughout the evening. You have such a welcoming restaurant, with great food and excellent ambience. I think the father of the groom, who's from Western Nebraska (cattle country) summed it up best when he said that was the best prime rib he'd ever eaten! The Two Tails and Grits and Pan Fried Redfish w/crabmeat were of equal quality! I loved the Spinach Salad w/warm Brie Dressing & Fried Oysters as a starter. The Amaretto Bread Pudding put us over the top for dessert.

We'll definitely be back again. Reasonable prices, great food, great ownership/management, personal attention that we didn't receive at other locations. Recommend highly!