“A great recommendation from our hotel”
Review of Sun Ray Grill - CLOSED

Sun Ray Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arts District – Warehouse District
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our conceirge at the Hampton Inn recommended this short walk to Sun Ray Grill for our 4:00 p.m. "just arrived in NOLA and we're starving" meal. It looked nice but they were fine with us being in sweatshirts and travel weary. WE shared an order of Thai riblets for an appetizer. My son loved them, I didn't like the slight fishy tast. I had the Pecan Chicken Salad. If you love pecans, you will love this. Delish. My hubby had the Cajun fish and chips and said it was one of the top 2 he has every eaten (including in England). He loved it. The burgers were HUGE for my boys and my daughter liked her shrimp platter. The staff were friendly and helpful. We'd go here again.

1  Thank friendoftoodleloo

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Dana, thanks for your follow-up email. The wedding was a tremendous success and you and your team set the table!

I personally want to thank you for what I feel was the best meal we experienced while we were there last week. The event planning was coordinated perfectly, Tracey was the perfect host and Brittany provided us excellent service throughout the evening. You have such a welcoming restaurant, with great food and excellent ambience. I think the father of the groom, who's from Western Nebraska (cattle country) summed it up best when he said that was the best prime rib he'd ever eaten! The Two Tails and Grits and Pan Fried Redfish w/crabmeat were of equal quality! I loved the Spinach Salad w/warm Brie Dressing & Fried Oysters as a starter. The Amaretto Bread Pudding put us over the top for dessert.

We'll definitely be back again. Reasonable prices, great food, great ownership/management, personal attention that we didn't receive at other locations. Recommend highly!

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Ribs fell of the bone. Amazing. Chips and salsa were average. Mango infused margarita.... Holy yummy! Sat at bar and chatted up friendly local crowd and friendly servers. Will return!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

and on top of it the staff was friendly and efficient, the food was uniformly yummy. We went back the next day

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a very nice restaurant located outside the warehouse district. As I understand, there are several branches at other locations. Spacious restaurant with high ceiling. Great food, in particular the seafood. Friendly and efficient staff. Less pricey than the restaurants in the French Quarters and still very good food. I had Gulf Seafood and Grits and I can highly recommend it. Will visit again soon.