“Good bowl of gumbo ”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

For my first time in New Orleans I wanted to make sure I tried gumbo. I was not disappointed : the seafood gumbo was delicious. I liked the way the restaurant looked as well. It's a historical building that gives you a feeling like you are dining in Spain, not the U.S.!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This is a great restaurant with a menu with wide variety including all day breakfast. It is located just a block of busy Bourbon Street. I would definitely recommend one of their specialty omelets and a bloody mary. Very reasonably priced for the size of the portions.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The gator tail was amazing. Def get that appetizer. I did the gumbo two ways and liked both but loved the seafood gumbo. So many places to try in Nola and this is just off bourbon. Go there!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

What a great place. It’s our first trip to Nwe Orleans and we’re not sure where to eat. Let me tell you you couldn’t find a finner place to eat. It was News Year day at noon and we had just a 5 minute wait. The ambiance is very French but you’d expect that. The staff was incredibly pleasant. I ordered the New Orleans sampler and I’m damn glad I did. It had all the traditional food followed by the best bread pudding. The server brought me over a bottle of sauce and told me it’s what all native New Orleaners use. It wasn’t on the table but it was the best...a little spicy but it really added flavor. My wife had a Poboy and she enjoyed that very much. Just a wonderful experience...I hope you try it!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We go to NOLA every New Year’s and often stop at Pere Antoine’s because it is convenient and you can usually get seated immediately. Last year, we were a little disappointed in the food, which is typically reliable Cajun/creole food. This year we went there for breakfast/lunch. I got the combo of shrimp creole and crawfish etouffee. The shrimp creole, which I have never ordered before, was spicy and satisfying and the crawfish etouffee offered a nice contrast. My date had the cheese omelet with grits, which he enjoyed. The absolute highlight of the visit was the service. Our server, Kenneth, was amazing. He was quick and charming. As we were eating our meal I remarked that he seemed to be made to work with people. When we go back we will ask for Kenneth. I recommend anyone who goes there do the same.