“Not what I expected for New Orleans”
Review of Cafe Maspero

Cafe Maspero
Ranked #342 of 2,122 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 16
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We ate there yesterday and I had Jambalaya and it was disgustingly bad. No one could make food that bad. My wife had the white beans with fish and rice. Her was a portion of white beans and two strips of fish on a bed of rice..Didn't even look good and the fish was mushy.
The service was bad from the moment we walked in.

I was really disappointed. I eat at restaurants from Mobile AL to New Orleans all the time and I hate giving bad reviews but bad is bad

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Bayou benedict with a mimosa is the BEST way to start a day in NOLA! Spring time is the best to visit as all doors are open and inviting!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Visited over Christmas. Busy restaurant, casual atmosphere, French onion soup and two crab cakes with homemade sauce were wonderful and I am a fussy person!
Server was friendly.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for a sampling of local cuisine and wasn’t disappointed. I had a muffuletta with a side of red beans and rice. They tasted great and warmed me up for the rest of my evening in the French quarter.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stopped here for dessert only, as the famous Cafe Du Monde was closed on Christmas Day. Cafe Maspero offered Beignet Fries. This alternative was good and hit the spot.