“Great Sea Food...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 23 June 2018

A friendly neighborhood restauant. We totally enjoy our visits with Sammy!
They have some of th e Best Mac & Cheese...

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Dennis B

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

At first glance, this place doesn’t look too approachable. It’s in a neighborhood and is in simple white building resembling another house. But when I walked in, I was welcomed with smiles and quick seating.
This was the first taste of true Louisiana food that I had ever tried and I was not disappointed! The food was wonderful and the portions were huge! Also, the waitress we had was was simply delightful. She referred to all of us as “baby” when she talking. It was cute.

Date of visit: June 2018
3  Thank tinag134
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The Crab Au Gratin and Bread Pudding are off the chain! It's a simple restaurant with authentic New Orleans charm, off the beaten path!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Arlene C
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Our take out was very good.
Baked fish, shrimp and fish platter with mac and cheese was good.

I use to work at the military base directly in front of that restaurant. The base has been closed for years and it looks horrible. SUCH A SAD SIGHT.

BUT, JACK DEMPSEY STILL HAS VERY GOOD FOOD.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My uncle introduced me to Jack Dempsey's and I feel like he let me in on a local secret. I don't recommend you going if you don't like fried seafood. They do have broiled options that are fantastic but their fried platters shine. Love the soft shell crab, and shrimp. But my all time favorite is the ooey gooey cheesey Crabmeat auGratin. Spread it on the French bead and you are in heaven. New Orleans is not for diets! Haven't tried steaks or desserts. Maybe next time.

Date of visit: January 2018