“Found the famous muffuletta”

Central Grocery Company
Ranked #36 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Happened to pass by and noticed its the spot that sells the famously known muffuletta. It's a nice little grocery with some tables in the back to sit and eat something they'll prepare there. But if you're just walking by, they have the muffuletta already prepped and packaged so you can "grab and go" and enjoy it later.
Honestly, if you're into the flavor, which I love, you can possibly polish of a whole half while forgetting you're filling up.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I really struggled on what to write here. The muffaletta is outstanding and i would have left 5 stars. Problem is we were overcharged by at least $10 and didn't realize it until we had taken our sandwiches to go and were just down street. Returned to allow the owner an opportunity to correct their mistake (I do believe it was an honest mistake) but he refused to do so. I cannot support a business who doesn't have decency to correct an overcharge. My advice if you go be careful what they charge you. The sandwich was good but not worth paying twice for it.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Central Grocery and a muffuletta are a most when you are in New Orleans! My husband and I stopped in here and grabbed a half on our way back to our hotel. It was delicious!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We heard about the original muffulleta so we had to try it out. This is a smal grocery store that has a counter to eat at. There is only one sandwich to order. We shared a whole sandwich between 4 people, which was $20...an excellent lunch date.

The sandwich was on a round loaf of bread with fresh italian meats and cheeses and this delicious olive salad. I actually do not like olives but on this sandwich they were excellent!

When you are in New Orleans, definitely check this place out. It's a fantastic, affordable lunch that gives you a taste of an authentic dish from New Orleans.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I mean what can be said that hasn’t been already? You go there for the muffuletta, which in my opinion is the best in Nola. Every time I visit the city this is a must stop. Simply the best. Neat little grocery, but we all know the real reason there’s a line out the door. Enjoy!