“Loyola visit”

Ranked #784 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Deli, Middle Eastern
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Always visit the place when we are in town. Not stuffy or hoitie toitie. We visited on a Saturday night. Thank goodness they stayed open until 10:00 pm.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Fine for grabbing a bite to eat while shopping Magazine street. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Very good value.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Another great spot to grab a middle Eastern lunch option when visiting the Convention Center. Go for it!

Reviewed 1 January 2016

My husband and I had early dinner here. We both had the gyros plate -- very large with lots of meat, big salad, hummus and pita bread. I thought it was really delicious. Server was very good.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

My wife and I remembered Mona's (on Frenchmen St) from a previous visit to NOLA and made a point of going back on a return visit to the city. We had a very tasty lamb shank special which we thought could be enhanced with a touch more spice. We asked for some chili sauce and got a little cup of what appeared to be a home made sauce. When I got the bill I saw a $1 charge that puzzled me. The waiter rather apologetically explained that it was house policy to add this charge when "extra" condiments were "ordered". Bizarre and annoying! I will remember Mona's for some time, but they won't get my business on future visits to NOLA.