“Upscale restaurant ... Amazing Bananas Foster!!”

Brennan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Brennan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,979 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner. Acclaimed Chef Slade Rushing's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings. Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So, was in NO for a business trip and had dinner there on the third night. I decided to have the chicken dish as I had fish the night before and steak the night before that. The chicken was OK .... I would give it 3.5 stars. Frankly, I've had better. I went with some colleagues and one had the blackened redfish and she said it was excellent. I should have gotten that. Anyway, my main reason for going to Brennan's was for dessert. And I had their bananas foster. I remembered it from my last trip in 2005 when I went there for brunch. It was amazing!!!! As for the wait staff, you cannot ask for better: professional, attentive, fast service with a smile. This is an upscale restaurant and a bit pricey, with most menu items a la carte, but the bananas foster was well worth it for me. Oh, and if you're looking to have red beans and rice or jambalaya, this is not the place for that. If you're visiting NO, Brennan's is a must place to go. And they have several other sister restaurants in the French quarter, so do your homework by visiting their websites as the menus are pretty similar from one to the other, with the exception of the bananas foster, of course.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Last meal before heading home to Dallas. Soooo glad we did saving the best for last.

Turtle soup excellent. Fried rabbit with collards OMG ..... well I'm a rabbit snob and this was the BEST I've ever had.

Eggs Owen was spot on as well

Every aspect of our meal was perfect from the table location to food to service (kudos to Matilda and Reggie).

Will definitely return our next trip and most definitely recommend to our friends.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We made reservations for breakfast on our anniversary. As soon as the staff found out it was our special day they went above and beyond. We were treated with a complimentary glass of champagne and presented with a small cup of soup compliments of the chef. The food was incredible. A must have is the Banana Foster.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in here for late lunch. There is a dress code, but we were able to sit at the bar. They had some great happy hour specials on champagne and food dishes!! I also tried the cucumber gazpacho. It was fresh and delicious! My friend ordered the steak tartare. I tried it and it was also fresh and delicious, and I am not really a tartare person. All the staff were friendly and accommodating. We also ordered the cheese board that was great! Would defiantly return!

1  Thank kimo22zein
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While we wait for their famed Bananas Foster dessert, we found a wonderful variety on the menu and was pleasantly surprised by an amazingly well presented blackened redfish entree. We enjoyed some cocktails and wine on their enclosed garden patio before we were seated for dinner. They have a wonderful wine list and the service was exceptional. Oh, and the Bananas Foster, prepared tableside, was, indeed, delicious!