“Lunch at Liuzza's”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ballet pointe shoes shopping with our daughter yesterday took longer than expected, running through lunchtime. Husband was hungry for a muffaletta, but his first choice location closed at 2 and it was just that. Inspiration came when someone in the shop mentioned they were headed to City Park - Liuzzas! Liuzzas is just a couple of blocks from the park. Bonus: It has a small parking lot behind, where we've always been able to grab a spot. Hubbie ordered the Frenchuletta, of course. It is large enough to feed the entire family, but daughter opted for the very garlicky fettuccine Alfredo that she loves and I had the 1/2 sauteed shrimp po boy and gumbo. Whike I had the sweet tea which is quite good here, my lunchmates had beer and soda in the wonderfully frosted mugs. As usual, hubbie only ate 1/2 of his sandwich. This review might have made it to 5 stars if my shrimp hadn't been so bland. Of course, there's plenty of hit sauce and such on the tables to help fix this. Liuzzas is a small place where you seat yourself. Service is always prompt and super friendly.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I stopped here close to closing time but the staff couldn’t have been nicer! Very welcoming and we really enjoyed the nice frosty goblets of local beers. The food was good~ we all went with poor boys~ and the service was excellent. Nice find.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had the opportunity to eat at Liuzza's with my daughter and her husband this past Saturday. Food was great. Eggplant medallions with red gravy, onion rings, liver and onions, shrimp fettuccine, and one other dish that my daughter had but I don't remember what it was. Service was first class. If you like a classic "hole in the wall" neighborhood spot that has been around for 50 years or more, check it out.

A TripAdvisor Member
2010
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I have a list of restaurants that I eat at when visiting New Orleans & Liuzza's is at the top of that list. It's a local's place & for good reason. The food is fantastic & the service is great. One of my favorite menu items is the frenchuletta. Try it! The bushwacker is good too (adult beverage). I've loved everything I've ever eaten here & will continue to be a loyal customer.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

It’s such a nice restaurant, there is a jukebox where you can choose the music, it’s pretty cool. I ate pasta with a meat ball and red gravy but it wasn’t so good, I found the red gravy more black than red I ate better pasta with gravy in other restaurants. I should have ordered something else!