“Just Yum”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Leonidas
Reviewed 24 September 2018

My husband and I weren't looking to eat here and found it by accident. But oh my goodness was it delicious. My husband had a gyro and I had a shish kabob plate. Every thing was perfection. Try the artichoke balls.
The meal for the two of us was very affordable and worth every penny.

Date of visit: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with HP Windows 10

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We dined out with my son, nephew, his wife, & in laws last night. I had my favorite from last visit the Rosemary Lamb and my wife had Chicken Tecka. Both were delicious and plentiful. My wife had the Tabouli appetizer which went around the table. My mother in law who has been around and in Israel said it’s the best Tabouli she has tasted in this country so far!! Parking can be a little hard to find be worth the walk if needed...

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is my "go to" restaurant when I'm too lazy to cook but want a good home cooked meal - at least once a week. I enjoy sitting outdoors or swinging by for "take out". I have never had a bad meal. All freshly prepared with authentic ingredients. A couple appetizers can substitute for a meal. Its enjoyable to share several appetizers with friends. I especially like the hummus with cauliflower, falafel, musaha and baba ghanuj. The kabobs are excellent as is the lamb chops for entrees. Oh, and the beef shawarma! Don't forget to bring your own wine as they don't have a liquor license. My mouth is watering as I write this. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Friendly and helpful servers. Excellent menu selections.

My favorite is the eggplant sandwich: grilled eggplan, lettuce, tomato, mozzarella and fets cheese, served on crisp, warm French bread.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank jgmpuma
Reviewed 24 May 2018

My first full day in The Big Easy. After doing a bit of sightseeing my friend and guide suggested a place where a vegetarian might find satisfactory food choices. Being that I have spent most of my years in Los angles, my culinary appetite is quite educated. That said, I found most aspects of my dining experience enjoyable including our waitress Miss Julia. She was personable, friendly and helpful.

I ordered the grape leaf appetizer and the falafel appetizer as well. My main dish was the vegetarian plate. Iced tea, it was brewed well, but the restaurant does not include stevia in its sweetener options. I'm glad I usually bring my own. The grape leaves were a strange taste and served warm, not the best way to serve them and they were missing a fresh cool taste. The vegetarian plate was delicious. Though, the tabouli salad was missing the fresh hint of mint and needed a few more diced tomatoes to complete the flavor. The hummus was creamy and smooth, yet could've used a bit more oil. Now on the brighter side, I had some of the best falafel I have ever eaten. It had the right blend of savory and crunchy on the outside, yet a warm edible texture in the middle.

Unfortunately, they did not serve a traditional ethnic coffee with desert. Just your standard brewed coffee for the restaurant. They also did not offer a vegan cream option for the coffee as well as further options for the sweeteners. Now, my friend and I both love baklava, so we ordered one helping each. That was not the best baklava we had ever eaten, it was a very small serving and dry. There was little honey to saturate the walnuts, so one attempt at eating it created a crumpled mess on the plate. When we got to the last, bottom portion of the Filo dough it was like chewing on beef jerky. My best friend of 25 years had the same mixed reaction, this was one of the worst baklava deserts we had ever experienced. So with mixed reviews, I know in New Orleans, a capital of gastronomic delights, there is room to improve. We sat outside as inside was noisy and crowded. Obviously people like the ambiance and food. The dining experience on the front walkway, was definitely the way to go on busy dining times. Overall, I like the place. I just hope they become more vegan friendly and fix a few things.
The outdoor seating was under an awning which is good here; protects you from either rain or hot weather. But you are having people walking dogs, strollers, bikes etc. moving right behind you. Yes, that's a view, but not one you might always enjoy. If it is too busy and noisy inside, this is your only other option for dining.

Date of visit: May 2018