“Go food go to”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I was in local hospital and wanted to share a meal with a friend. On their way in they picked our order up.

We’d gone over the menu and ended up with a cabbage roll (6) meal, including a large salad, some WONDERFUL hummus and pita bread. We also ordered a lamb kebab dinner and two kibbys.

Very reasonable price, everything needed for us with leftovers. Great choice for a simple, but really tasty meal.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

So, where do you go for good fresh tasty middle-eastern food on New Year's day?? Lebanon's, of course. Guess there might've been a fast food here or there, but some hot chicken shawarma and giros sounded much better -- great idea. Great service form Renee and lotsa Jordan almonds for dessert, too.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

I ate at Lebanon's Cafe a few days ago for the first time; my companion had eaten there on many, many occasions over the years. She is an ardent fan of the lentil soup, which we had on a couple of occasions during our week in New Orleans. The lentils are blended into a pureed soup, and the result is reliably tasty and quite filling. Drawing on her long experience with the cafe's food, we also enjoyed the hummus with fried cauliflower and pomegranate sauce. The main draw, however, is something she had often told me about when speaking of this favorite cafe of hers: the roasted lamb shank (which I oddly cannot find on the on-line menu). It makes for a very satisfying meal at a very reasonable price, and the meat is extremely tender, virtually falling off the bone and well-sauced. Her verdict for our evening was that the lamb, while very good, has at times been truly outstanding. So, like many restaurants, what you get in a dish may vary from day to day (perhaps depending on who's doing the cooking), but if you like lamb, do try the shank.

1  Thank Antonkai
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Saturday evening. Table for 2. Lots of wait staff. When they weren't busy, they were at the edge of the dining room watching to see if anybody needed anything. This seems so rare these days that I find it refreshing and worth mentioning.

The menu was terrific with a wide array of Lebanese dishes. The waitress knew the menu inside out and answered our questions with ease. We ordered musaha, halloumi cheese, and zaater bread as appetizers. For dinner, we split a lula kabob.

The appetizers arrived quickly and were expertly prepared. Dinner wasn't far behind and it was delicious. Amazingly, there was plenty of food and we finished most of it.

Having travelled abroad and sampled a lot of Middle Eastern food when I was younger, the meal at this restaurant brought back a lot of fond memories. I want to return. If I lived in New Orleans, I imagine that this would be a regular haunt.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

A good Halal foo we had in this Lebanese restaurant , the service was good and the place was clean and nice , Can recommend it when you are in this area