“When it's good, it's very good.”
Review of Lebanon's Cafe

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Leonidas
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I ate at Lebanon's Cafe a few days ago for the first time; my companion had eaten there on many, many occasions over the years. She is an ardent fan of the lentil soup, which we had on a couple of occasions during our week in New Orleans. The lentils are blended into a pureed soup, and the result is reliably tasty and quite filling. Drawing on her long experience with the cafe's food, we also enjoyed the hummus with fried cauliflower and pomegranate sauce. The main draw, however, is something she had often told me about when speaking of this favorite cafe of hers: the roasted lamb shank (which I oddly cannot find on the on-line menu). It makes for a very satisfying meal at a very reasonable price, and the meat is extremely tender, virtually falling off the bone and well-sauced. Her verdict for our evening was that the lamb, while very good, has at times been truly outstanding. So, like many restaurants, what you get in a dish may vary from day to day (perhaps depending on who's doing the cooking), but if you like lamb, do try the shank.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Antonkai

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Saturday evening. Table for 2. Lots of wait staff. When they weren't busy, they were at the edge of the dining room watching to see if anybody needed anything. This seems so rare these days that I find it refreshing and worth mentioning.

The menu was terrific with a wide array of Lebanese dishes. The waitress knew the menu inside out and answered our questions with ease. We ordered musaha, halloumi cheese, and zaater bread as appetizers. For dinner, we split a lula kabob.

The appetizers arrived quickly and were expertly prepared. Dinner wasn't far behind and it was delicious. Amazingly, there was plenty of food and we finished most of it.

Having travelled abroad and sampled a lot of Middle Eastern food when I was younger, the meal at this restaurant brought back a lot of fond memories. I want to return. If I lived in New Orleans, I imagine that this would be a regular haunt.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank 153dukeh
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

A good Halal foo we had in this Lebanese restaurant , the service was good and the place was clean and nice , Can recommend it when you are in this area

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Returned to one of our fave New Orleans restaurants and, once more, enjoyed the meal - service (Jennifer was great) - prices - location - ambience, too. Indoors or al fresco is your choice. Very wide menu selections, as always.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The appetizers- Kibby and beef/rice cabbage rolls were GREAT. I was only sorry that the kibby was sold by the piece and I had only ordered one. Even the salad that came as the side of the entrees was substantial and tasty.

The entrees, however, were a different story. We had several, including lula kebab and lamb with hummus. The lula kebabs were okay, but a little over-cooked.

The lamb and hummus plate was a real loser. It was greasy, tons of green beans (not even mentioned as part of the dish in the online menu), vegetables and tasty hummus with very, very little lamb. The couple of tablespoons of lamb that was there was greasy and full of gristle, with little flavor. I would not order this entree again.

All in all, it was an overpriced, but only a marginal meal.