“Lucky find!”

Ranked #11 of 2,144 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We were searching for a place to eat near the WWII Museum and found Mais Arepas on the map and decided to give it a try. What a great find. The service was friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We ordered 4 different arepas and all of them were fantastic. The arepas are sliced open like a pita and stuffed with tasty ingredients such as pulled pork, chicken and skirt steak. We especially enjoyed the grilled corn on the cob appetizer. I highly recommend this restaurant. I can't wait to come back to NOLA to try a different arepa from the menu.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Authentic Colombian fare. Arepas were cooked to order. Service is slow, but server explained that each order would take at least 30 minutes. They were able to modify the menu for vegan options. The yuca fries were good as were the Arepas and Maduros.

Make a reservation! The place is cute, but small and you might have a long wait to get in otherwise.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Four of us enjoyed dinner here last night. Everything was delicious - shrimp ceviche, areapas and sweet fried plantains. I especially liked the chicken and pork arepas on the sampler plate. One of the best plates of food I've had in a very long time.

Service was attentive and it is a lovely atmosphere. My only criticism was that the music was a bit loud for my taste.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

The first restaurant we wanted to eat was booked so we ended here and what a great find! The corn appetizer was succulent and all of our different arepas were so good! Nice friendly staff and all at a decent price. Just be careful to stay on the main roads when going there as the neighborhood is a bit iffy

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I was beyond amazed at how delicious the food was. The Maiz de la Rueda was soooo good. Definitely worth trying. I had the marinera arepa, and was not disappointed. The corn bun was perfect. My wife had the choriarepa and it was fantastic as well. Definitely don’t pass this place up if you want to try something new, I’m glad I did and I will be back.