“Delicious breakfast/brunch, but be sure to come hungry!”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe
Ranked #21 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: A neighborhood cafe specializing in breakfast, lunch & brunch. Voted New Orleans Best Brunch Spot 2014 & 2015!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had mid-week brunch here with my wife, and since both of us were hungover it really helped with the recovery. Very slow right after Labor Day so we were sat immediately. Coffees came quickly, and we decided on some house specialties. My wife got the Eggs Cochon, and I had the Shrimp Boogaloo Benedict. Sweet Jeebus these were huge plates of delicious, heart-stopping goodness!

I think that it would be hard to go wrong on the menu, there is something for everyone...so enjoy, and then go enjoy a food coma nap afterward.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Each Sunday we go to Ruby Slipper. I think we have tried all the special eggs benedicts. We had the hot Salmon on a biscuit today with poached eggs on a biscuit with black olives and red onions. My husband had a Bloody Mary and I had a lite Milk punch iced coffee. Delicious

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Please try the eggs Benedict they can't be missed ! We got the eggs pork , eggs shrimp bagoolou with iced coffee and the milk brandy. It was a wait but it was worth it. Come here early as people line up fast and it's a very small restaurant but the atmosphere was cute and thankfully cold inside due to the humidity.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The biscuits were perfect and I loved them as a Benedict base. The best was mot being charged a premium to do a half and half. The shrimp one was good, but the pork was stellar.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

There are several delicious dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Restaurant is clean and smells fresh cooked food. Service staff are cheerful and expedient and knowledgeable of dishes on menu. Meals are in large portion.