Balcony Guest House
US$ 267
US$ 228
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
  • Pool
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
US$ 150
  • Fitness centre
US$ 80
US$ 77
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 230
Omni Hotels
US$ 252
US$ 305
US$ 291
  • Restaurant
Royal Crescent Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
  • Room Service
Le Richelieu in the French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 130
US$ 298
US$ 264
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewssilk roadrestaurant downstairsfrenchman streetfrench quartermaster suitemarigny districtdirect accessgreat neighborhoodhoneymoon suiteminute walkevery morningquiet neighborhooda great place to stayfour nightsvisit nolahome away from homebourbon st
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Our first trip to New Orleans and I already want to go back. Our stay at the Balcony Guest House was superb. It came recommended to us, we stayed with 3 other friends of ours. The check in was a bit rocky but it all worked out in the end. The rooms were perfect and like any home could use a little touch up here or there but it was a nice home away from home. The easy walking distance to everything was great. The breakfasts were nice, unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy the Indian cuisine that will have to come next time. The staff were friendly, helpful and a joy. This was certainly a gem to find and to stay in. I didn't know what to expect but I expect I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Honestly, I hesitate to write this review for fear there won't be a room for me the next time I'm in Nawlins! Balcony Guest House is a great place: You know you're in Faubourg Marigny, NOT in Anyhotel North America. It is architecturally unique, with a balcony wrapping around the corner; the room and sitting area are nicely appointed with eclectic New Orleans furniture; and Schiro's, the restaurant downstairs, serves excellent inexpensive food and the easygoing wait-staff really makes you feel at home. (Good breakfasts are included for Guest House guests!) You've also got a laundromat, a substantial selection of beer and wine and a modest groceteria on the premises./ On the negative side, the bed in the room we were in - Room 1, I think - needs some work done: It tilts slightly to one side. But ... this didn't spoil our enjoyment of being there. Thanks to you, Zak, Steve, Rod and to the others on staff! Steven

Room Tip: If you like the sun, pick a room that has direct access to the balcony. (Though I believe you can access the balcony, directly or indirectly, from all the rooms.)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 734Marrion
Reviewed 4 April 2012

To be clear I loved this stay. My boyfriend was a little shocked by it at first (no clue what we were doing) but it was just what I expected. Just please know what you want and here is a lot of info so you know.....
Pluses: great value- on final four weekend was within my walking distance to the site and saved over 700 from the quarter. Comfy bed (new mattress?), generous with towels, clean. All the staff, wait staff/bartenders, owner, etc.were very accommodating and informative. Stayed in one of the smaller rooms but it was certainly adequate. Microwave and fridge. BREAKFAST- weekend full breakfast (omelets, b&g, pancakes, waffles) from 9-12 sat or 9-3 sun. Other days just open for b&b guests from 9:30-10:30. Good food! Safe area.
Caveats: this is a 10 minute walk from the edge of French quarter and a little less to Frenchman street. It is safe- it is also residential. People who live nearby on streets at night, lots of bikes. If your New Orleans is blitzes drunk with beds and souvenir cups than you need to cab it or find a new place- you would definitely stick out or be disruptive. This is an eclectic area and you are on top of a restaurant/bar/local store. And the restaurant can be busy. Bar doesn't stay open late although another one on corner does. Also, when driving in from I-10 it looks dicey at first- keep going south- it certainly gets better. Its a b&b so no big tvs. If you are uncomfortable in residential urban areas- not you thing.
Again- I loved it and it's a great value in my mind.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 4- it was fine for two people.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank becksKC
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had a great stay here in the Marigny. The area is fun and funky. It really reminds me a lot of Key West in the 80s. Great music, artist, restaurant, bar scene. Short walk to Frenchmen Street and just a little more to the Quarter. Everyone at Balcony was warm and welcoming. Breakfast was very tasty. Rooms were clean. Balcony upstairs outside of the rooms is very nice in the morning to see the neighborhood waking up and in the evening for a drink too. The staff can answer any questions you have about what to do where to eat and directions. Having a restaurant, bar downstairs was great too. Fully stocked bar with quick friendly service. We did not eat dinner here since we were always out running around. Remember this is not the Ritz. It is a great price for NOLA. The rooms are not huge and super fancy but just enough. Bathroom is small but worked out fine for us. Microwave, hotel size frig, and flat screen tv completed the room's amenities. We had a group of 7 and took all the rooms up. No one had any big complaints.

Room Tip: The double suite room has a street light that shines though the windows at night and might bother some people. The room on the center corner of the balcony is not as quiet as the rest since it has double french doors leading out to the balcony and more susceptible to noise. That's only if it noisy outside though.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalvernGuy
Reviewed 2 March 2012

unique-quirky...that's the general feel....until you open the door to a room that isn't clean, has a mouldy shower, and well, an odor. I wish I would have taken some pics of the bathroom to share---a $2 tube of caulk can do wonders.

On the positive side, you do have a bar/restaurant downstairs, and friendly staff--just need to clean a bit better. They do give you a free drink in the bar (maybe to take your mind off of the lack of cleaning). And the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business