“New Orleans best kept secret!!!”

Balcony Guest House
Ranked #38 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Sheridan, Arkansas
“New Orleans best kept secret!!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

In October, my husband and I stayed at the Balcony Guest House for our honeymoon for 5 nights. The location is only 4 blocks from the infamous Frenchman St/French Quarter area! This made it easy to get to the French Quarter yet stay in a quite area. The staff at the Balcony Guest House were very attentive, friendly, helpful and FUN! There is a full cafe and general store downstairs. The cafe has a full bar! The food was excellent AND you get a complimentary breakfast each morning which was a real treat! We stayed in the Master's Suite which was roomy and clean. We would definitely stay at the Balcony Guest House again because you cannot beat the price, location, hospitality and cleanliness!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anna h
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Great place. The location is perfect, a cool neighborhood blocks from the Quarter. It is central enough to the main roads it is easy to get everywhere in NOLA. We brought our dog, and enjoyed breakfast on the sidewalk watching the city wake up. The Marigny is great for walking, with many local cafes and eclectic houses. The restaurant and store downstairs is very convenient. This place makes it easy to feel like a local. We have stayed here twice, and consider it our second home.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank 1313tom
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Pros - The people there, ranging from the innkeeper, cafe servers, bar tenders, to housekeeping, were super nice and helpful. The location was great - only 1/2 a mile from the edge of the French Quarter. It's convenient and quiet. Full breakfast (eggs, sausages, etc) was severed to guests everyday, and there was a welcome cocktail.
Our room had access to the balcony and it was a nice place to chill.

Cons - The room was a bit small and housekeeping was limited. We traveled through Europe before and really didn't mind this type of "pension" service since the price was right. The only thing drove us crazy was the squeaky bed in Room 3.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AuJusCo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I searched for the perfect place for our girls get together/reunion. When I walked in I knew that I had found the absolutely best place. It was exactly what I wanted for us. The staff was so friendly and made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were wonderful and the service was excellent. The place is a main gathering point for the neighborhhood, so we were able to experience a bit of the community and get away from the touristy areas. We enjoyed time on the balcony after arriving back after a long day of touring, and bar hopping. This was such a special place, I know that I will never be able to stay anywhere else. We had a great time in NOLA, but a big part of that was due to all the wonderful people we met along the way. The special staff at the Balcony Guest House got us started us off in a great mood each day. We are very grateful for everyone's special kindness and welcome attitude toward us. You made our trip everything we expected from New Orleans. Hope to get back again sometime soon! The sign in front says it all "It's All Good", and it was!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dangermouse109
NeverLand
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This was going to be just a birthday trip to see Katie Perry for my fiancee... After searching for just "any" B&B, I found Balcony Guest House. As soon as I saw the balcony, I knew I wanted to get married here. I am so glad we did.

We parked right on the street and never moved the car until we left... Upon arrival, our bags were taken upstairs to our room #1. It was so much more than I expected. There is a grocery store, bar, cafe, and laundromat downstairs. Private stairs and entrance to the rooms. Sitting room outside the rooms. Wonderful firm bed, microwave, fridge, shower, TV, and THE BALCONY... There is AC and a ceiling fan, but we slept with only the fan and the balcony doors OPEN... I was more than happy to wake up actually watching the sunrise right into my room. PRICELESS!!!!

We bought daily jazzy passes to ride the bus and street cars $3 each for all day rides. We caught the royal street bus one block from the Balcony Guest House. The streets ARE NOT like normal LONG streets. Walking is soooooo easy and convenient!!! Trust me. We easily walked from Elysian Fields to the Balcony Guest House. Getting to and from the French Quarter, zoo, aquarium or wherever is a BREEZE. The bus lines and streetcars are unbelievably easy to track and ride into the early morning hours!!! My fiancee was a little nervous about riding the city bus. She thought it would be dirty or dangerous out at night past 10, but her fears were quickly vanquished. We even went up to strangers to ask for directions. It truly is the Big Easy!! The people there are just at ease and made us feel welcome. I am so jealous of the convenience of all that NOLA has to offer. I want to move here.

The staff made us feel welcome and treated us with kindness. The breakfast is INCREDIBLE. We had SEC Croissants and grits. Choose the Hot patty sausage. MMmmm Good!! We were so full this one meal lasts all day.

We got married on a Friday at 5:30. It was just us, the officiant, and our two witnesses. We had our wedding catered by Cajun Moon Catering. We found a groupon online. EXCELLENT food.

Room Tip: I chose #1. This is not a dark room due to the street light, but the morning view of the rising sun...