Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice store

Good selection. Great location, nice building, lots to see. Conveniently across from st roch market.

Reviewed 16 August 2018
Dannielle M
via mobile
An interesting part of New Orleans

Come to visit Sallie, who is wise beyond her years. Fascinating place to visit, to understand a... read more

Reviewed 7 April 2018
Jennifer F
Roswell, Georgia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around New Orleans
from US$ 29.25
from US$ 23.97
from US$ 64.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I have to say that my personal relationship with Sally made this trip well worth while. she was setting up for a perastile that evening. we say the chalking on the floor, the installation of the pole and even got a reading. I suggest you go to the Isle of Salvation and let sister sally tell you all about your future. you'll be glad you did.

3  Thank ausetkmt
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Whether you are a practitioner or just curious, this place is top notch. If you want a touristy store, this isn't for you. There are tons of shops in the French Quarter that would satisfy the tourist itch. I had to take a taxi away from our hotel to get here (address listed here is wrong-look up on their site; I only found it by accident). I'm so glad I found it. Sallie was there, but was booked; very nice lady. She called two other readers to see if they could do a reading for me, and luckily Fatima was available. All I can say is that she was pretty spot on. Open to questions and specific about time frames. Items in the store were also varied. A few books, but mostly candles, herbs, and powders. Some of the stuff is hard to come by-recommend all around.

3  Thank raquelaque
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We did a reading there with Jeffrey (who was awesome) and was pretty accurate. It was about half an hour and quite different from the normal tarot/psychic reads. We would totally do it again!

3  Thank brigitteau
Reviewed 26 January 2014

On our recent trip to New Orleans we wanted to have our cards read and get a gris gris. We went to a variety of places and just didn't feel right. Some had the reading area right in the store and many were very commercial. There was so much information we didn't know where to start. I had read about this store before we went so we took a taxi out to go to it. It immediately felt right. Sally was a fountain of information and was so helpful in helping me chose the items I wanted for different people. We both had readings from Geoff and had some great insights. Mine was very interesting and I got some good insights from it. My friends sounded very accurate to her. Then we got Sally to make us Gris Gris bags. We picked them up a few days later and they are amazing. I had told her my intentions for what I would like to focus on and the bags are very different which would reflect that our intentions and desires are different. I feel that our experience there was very worthwhile and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in having a real experience and not a tourist one.

4  Thank Hilary D
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I really wanted a reading on my first trip to NOLA that wasn't in the French Quarter...something felt unauthentic about the location. So after some research there was a group of us that called Island of Salvation and Geoff answered the phone. We initially called about a reading with Sallie but she was unavailable. We figured that if Geoff was working with her, there is something to be said about his ability. Geoff was extremely accommodating for our group especially calling him with lots of questions (group activities can be tough to make happen!). When we arrived he made room for all of us to be present in the tiny curtained-off reading room inside the shoppe. It was such a treat to be with friends who all agreed that we could sit in on each others readings. Geoff felt like a new generation of psychic...younger and more modern than the stereotype you might have in mind from film and television. He infused his personality into the readings which made it fun. When it came down to it, after observing the readings of four other people then discussing afterwards, Geoff truly has a gift. His visions were paired with tarot readings and it was incredible to see the diversity of each reading. Whatever your beliefs or apprehension about psychics, if you allow yourself to be open and reflective, there are lessons to be learned about yourself and reality as you experience it through a reading with Geoff. I consider myself a healthy skeptic and absolutely recommend a reading with him. Perspective is everything and he will leave you feeling like you've gained new perspective and awareness. Thank you Geoff for your kind spirit and insight and Sallie for choosing him!

8  Thank erik e