All reviewscommon areasbooked a private roomlarge kitchenswimming poolown bathroommid citycooked breakfastfrench quarterthe main housecanal streetlounge areatrolley stopmardi grasjazz festbourbon stnolabayou
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We had the best time at India House.
Staff were knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The rooms and facilities are clean and you can't beat the price.
Best hostel I've ever been too.
Only hostel around with a pool and outdoor bandstand.
Met the most interesting people from all over the world in the pool.
Great fun!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I stayed here with my bf around the time Voodoo fest was on for 3 days. The price is on point with the rooms but I found it is the type of travellers that breeze through here that make this place special. The day I arrived, there was a guy sitting out front playing a trumpet on a gentle volume. The staff are cool and set the tone to keep this place filled with a good vibe.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FionaPenny
Reviewed 2 June 2017

If only every hostel was like this. A pool, are you kidding me? The half block walk to the streetcar is the reason I ended up here and not in one of the hostels by st. Charles. It was perfect, 10 minutes down to the quarter and they run till late night. You wanna party, this is where it is at! Wonderful atmosphere, with goof bars right around the corner, but I really wish these guys would start selling beer by the pool. Then again, I might not get out and see the music and stuff I came here for. lol.

Room Tip: Check out the murals on the second floor. A unique touch!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My regular spot was fully booked for the second weekend of Jazz fest and everything else was priced pretty high with all the tourists in town, so when I found a dorm bed for less than 30 bucks I jumped on it. Turned out to be best decision I have ever been forced into making. Took me about 15 minutes to walk to and from the racecourse where jazz fest is held and because the traffic clogged up all the streets as we got closer, we figured walking was way better than an uber anyway, not to mention free, and on sunny days it was a beautiful stroll. The one day it rained, not so much, but still, quicker than sitting through traffic.

Made several friends from Europe and Australia hanging out at the pool and drinking with at night. Secret tip; Careful about drinking games with Aussies. Lesson learned!

Room Tip: Had a mixed dorm bed in Outback. Next time ill try for an ensuite dorm. They're the same price, so if you can, I would.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Just came back from a 5 nights at India House and the only way to describe my stay is AWESOME! I arrived pretty late after a rather long drive from Memphis, TN, and was made to feel right at home by the staff. From booking my Plantation tour to giving me tips on restaurant and activities in the French Quarter to even recommanding a tattoo parlor so I could get a inked reminder of my Nola trip, the staff went above and beyound. A nice thank you to Allie who answered all my questions (and I had a lot!). I will definitely go back for my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo