This is a wonderful hotel with a great location. It is located on the edge of the French Quarter just a block away from Canal Street and only a couple more blocks from Bourbon Street. The hotel is VERY clean with a beautiful lobby, and nice clean rooms and corridors. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The staff is on point with customer service. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, we were very well taken care of.
The hotel has a secured tunnel that goes underground to get to the casino. It's a short and SAFE walk to get back and forth. It was nice to be able to avoid the public street late at night with cash in my pocket.
I do see other reviews that mention this property is not kid friendly. No one should be bringing children to a city like New Orleans. There is NOTHING kid friendly about this town. It's an adult playground that should be left that way. I appreciate the level of security this establishment has. There is security at every single entrance to keep the teenagers and homeless out! For Harrah's safety, they cannot have anyone under the age of 21 on the casino floor, therefore no underage are allowed inside any casino doors.
The dealers are friendly, the cocktail staff is quick and accurate, and the restaurants are good. The buffet was excellent. Keep in mind that there is no competition next door, so you may not find the same experience that you would in Vegas or elsewhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harrah's New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs New Orleans Hotel
- Harrahs New Orleans Casino New Orleans