“Love this hotel!!”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #13 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I love this hotel for many reasons but I think my top reason is the staff. From the moment we got out of the car to the moment we left I felt like I was special and the only guest! Everyone called me by name from the moment I encountered them. They called my room to see if I needed anything a few hours after checking in and called again to see if we wanted suggestions about dining! I'm difficult to impress but the staff here impressed me on more than one occasion. We arrived very early for our reservation and despite being very busy the front desk person (wish i could remember the young man's name) was excellent! We were shown to a room immediately. I requested a fridge when I made the reservation but because we arrived at 9am rather than 3pm that room was not ready but the guy with the refrigerator was waiting at our new room when we got off the elevator! I am still impressed with that kind of efficiency. It is a short walk to the Quarter and directly across from Harrah's. The concierge James was fantastic and his suggestions for restaurants and meals were spot on every time! Julio gave great recommendations too and answered all our questions when he brought our bags up to the room. He made us feel so comfortable. I could go on and on but you get my point. Just stay there! You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Debbie H
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our property and the service from out team. we pride ourselves in providing a unique and memorable level of service. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Jerry Reyes
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Allows pets! Wanted to stay in French Quarter, but in a place that didn't smell like Goodwill or have roaches. Found this place that allows pets for a $25 fee (much better than the $150 non-refundable other hotels charge). They have doormen, and was on nice street. Felt like an apartment in the Upper East Side, NY. They delivered dog bowls and a keepsake dog collar charm to the room after we checked in. There was an area outside with grass and area to walk your dog. The room was large. Ceilings extremely high, granite counters, plush robes, shower separate bath. Right across from Harrahs casino (which has a full service Starbucks), nice indoor heated pool with hot tub and sauna. Kid friendly, good chef quality food, and bar drinks made with real juice. Will stay here again for sure. Perfect local between the heart of the quarter and Garden District. Eat at Acme Oyster. Not nice looking place and had to sit with strangers, but the grilled oysters reminds one of escargot. So good!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view. You can see the steamboat Natchez outside your window.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FloridaMom3

Thank you for your comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our "Loews Loves Kids" and "Loews Loves Pets" programs are components of the unique level of service we provide at Loews Hotels. I am happy you were able to enjoy these amenities as well as our city. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Jerry Reyes
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 31 March 2012

About this hotel. Absolutely nothing! Stayed here several times, once is a wonderful corner suite & in standard deluxe rooms. Close to the Quarter, aquarium, & river, great rooms with great river views, great amenities, nice lobby bar with a loud and a quiet area, and the staff makes everyone feel like they're the only guest in the hotel. I keep thinking there'll be SOMETHING disappointing, but it never happens. One of my favorite hotels in New Orleans, & it'll probably be one of yours, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, if they have it. Sunrise is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kqhouston
Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I booked my hotel room (HYATT REGENCY) with priceline, they guaranteed savings. Wow a whopping 19% at a hotel that originally did not show up on the priceline map as a 4star hotel and it is in the north western most area of the map of where I want to be. I couldn't be farther from where I wanted to be. All of the other 4star Hotels are in the middle and centralized. Looking at the recent reviews from travelers at Hyatt Regency, this deal SUCKS!!!! I now not only have to pay $72 for transportation to and from the 4star (laughing because the reviews don't sound like a 4-star) and the airport because they have no shuttle, but I also have to pay to go everywhere in a cab because I am so FAR AWAY FROM EVERYTHING!!!! Reviews from recent travelers talk about how the air conditioning and plumbing don't work properly at this facility and how costly drinks and other things are. Thanks so much Priceline for making my first experience with you my LAST EXPERIENCE!!!!
Thanks for helping me to spend more money than I wanted to after all!!!! DON'T USE PRICELINE!!!!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PerkiAngel
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Don't bother researching other hotels. Just returned from a few nights stay. What's not to like? Clean, spacious room, helpful staff, great location, and won't set you back as much as others. If you like watching sports Archie Manning just opened up a great bar a block from the hotel - fun watching March Madness over there, he even made an appearance. Loews is a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family