“Excellent location, Great art.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel
Ranked #46 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
jacko_jackson
“Excellent location, Great art.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Only came in for a night for business, and the hotel is located very close to the court of appeals so it was an ideal spot to walk over in the morning. I really enjoy the warehouse district and the area. It's quiet and secluded and has a ton of art studios and coffee shops. There are numerous awesome places to eat (I walked over to Cochon Butcher for a ridiculously good sandwich, then since I didn't have enough glutony for 24 hours, at night I walked over to Cochon for dinner and got rabbit and dumplings, both of which require their own separate reviews) and I had a great lunch a block down at Emiril's the next day. Only problem is that it's a bit far away from the good music scene. The hotel itself is very beautiful and might even get an excellent rating for the art and the decor and the staff's pleasantness. Reminded me some of Bellagio's glass art in Vegas. However, the hotel doesn't get a 5 star rating because of ifs amenities. Not sure why this surprises me so much, but for maintaining such a nice hotel, no in-room wireless internet is just an example of what makes the hotel a bit odd/outdated. I stayed at the hotel a few years back for New Year's Eve and had a great stay, but for a business trip I might decide on a different spot next time. Otherwise it's a great value. There was even a celebrity sighting or two at the hotel so I guess people must enjoy it for business and personal trips. Caveat - make sure your taxi driver knows you are going to the arts hotel, as there are several different hotels by similar name apparently.

2 Thank jacko_jackson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Ft Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

I love the restaurants and the scene in the French Quarter, but I do not like staying there. Answer, the Renaissance Arts Hotel. Five floors, all amenities on site, clean and comfortable. Ten or fifteen minutes walk to most of the Quarter. The very nice Bouche, Emerils and Tommy's restaurants right down the block and the super fun Lucy's Retired Surfers restaurant across the street. The Rene Bistro on site was way over priced, but the bar had great happy hour deals and a fine selection.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Very Very good location close to french quarter, riverwalk and convention center. The hotel has lots of intresting art scattered around the hotel I loved the glass blown chandliers. Room large , clean, and comfortable except the bed was a little hard. Unlike other reviews I had no wireless internet problems.Take the city tour it shows you much more then what you would see on your own. We were there for business but my friends also took in a swamp airboat tour they loved it. They saw lots of alligators. Emril's rest just down the street good food and not that expensive.It rained off and on with high temp but a good time was had.

4 Thank snowcaphappy
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a really nice hotel, clean and well-furnished with a lovely lobby, bar and restaurant on site. The rooms are a good size with all the amenities that you might need. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice, if a little on the expensive size if it isn't already included in your room price. The location of the hotel is excellent. A 5 minute walk to the tram and a 10/15 min walk to Bourbon St and the French Quarter. Despite being so close to all the nightlife, the hotel was in a quiet location so no problems with noise when trying to sleep. All in all, a good choice of hotel at a good price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 17Kat
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I usually love staying at the Marriott hotels- especially the Renaissance- so I was very suprised to have a less than perfect stay last week. I was in New Orleans for work and I almost stayed at a different hotel since the Renaissance Arts doesn't have wireless, but I decided that the hotel looked nice and it was a good location, so I would give it a try.

The Good: a beautiful hotel, large rooms, nice location right between the convention center and Canal Street so you can get the best of both worlds. The rooftop pool is also a great feature and they have a very nice exercise room.

The Bad: if you are not a Marriott Gold member you don't receive any breakfast and I believe you also have to pay for your (wired) internet. Even though I am a Gold member, I'm not sure that the eggs and oatmeal for breakfast every morning are worth it- a little more variety would have been appreciated!

The Ugly: Unfortunately, the wired internet in the room didn't work and I couldn't get the wireless in the lobby to work either. SInce I was there for work, it wasn't a matter of browing the internet- it was a matter of getting my job done. I let the front desk know and they said they would ask their IT person and have them check into it. I waited around for an hour- no word and that employee was gone when I went to check back. The very unfriendly lady at the front desk gave me the number for Ibahn support to contact them. After almost an hour on the phone with Ibahn, they let me know that it was an issue with the hotel, not with my computer. I then went back to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager who informed me that he wasn't sure how it was their issue since Ibahn is their provider, but he would call and check into it and provide an update via note in my room. I never received a note or follow-up from the manager, but did notice the next day that I could get the internet to work.

If you don't need access to the internet or anything more than toast or a bagel in the morning, this is certainly the hotel for you. The price was much lower than the hotels by the Convention Center or French Quarter, it was a nice location and the rooms were great. We loved the hotel pool too! However, I would not stay here again for a work trip since the lack the internet made it impossible to get anything done.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room!