“Cool design, Nice location, Great staff”

Loft 523 New Orleans
Ranked #123 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cool design, Nice location, Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

If you are into hip, cool, ultra modern, Then the loft 523 is the place to be. From the minute We walked in the door we felt like great friends. From the friendly receptionist to informative bellman, Additionally, the room was spacious, nice and hip. Located on a quiet street just minutes from the French Quarter, everything you want to see is within walking distance, but at night you're able to escape the insanity. We are anxious for our next trip to New Orleans and look forward to another great stay at Loft 523.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PatW981
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed for a conference nearby. It was an easy two-minute walk to the Sheraton and Marriott, where the conference (like many) was held. The very minimalist design will not appeal to Aunt Maude or others who think there should be at least three different wallpaper patterns in the room, but it suited me wonderfully, with very comfortable furniture and a far more spacious room than my colleagues who refused to leave the conference hotels. The staff was quite helpful across the board, none more so than Stephanie at the front desk who was always ready with suggestions for places beyond Bourbon Street.

Downsides: The rooms facing the street can get noisy at night, so if you really have to get your sleep or you're a get-off-my-lawn-you-pesky-kids type you should at least ask for a different room. Probably one in a different city. Also, if you are looking for amenities, have your handy manservant drive you around the corner to something more corporate. And there is no bar, but if you can't find one in NOLA, you should probably just stick to the tour bus.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff J
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

As an avid traveler, I often find myself trapped in run of the mill hotels, but not at Loft 523. From the minute I walked in the door I felt like I was with old friends. From the friendly receptionist to informative bellman, my first experience in the Big Easy could have gone awry, but not with their unique insights and suggestions for how to best learn the city in the 36 hours I was there. Additionally, the property itself is great place to be. Located on a quiet street just minutes from the French Quarter, everything you want to see is within walking distance, but at night you're able to escape the insanity. I am anxious for my next trip to New Orleans and look forward to another great weekend at Loft 523.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Budd Lake, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Loft 523 was exactly the sort of place I needed for my trip. The room itself was sparse and large ... in other words, a loft. But very nice, very comfy, very attractive. It's just a few blocks from the French Quarter or the arts district. My traveling companion and I couldn't believe how affordable it was ($135 for most of our nights there) — we figured the price might have been kept down by the supposedly noisy bar downstairs (closed for renovations during our stay). Almost all of the concierges were great, with suggestions for restaurants and bars that really panned out well. The only one who seemed less clued in still worked hard to find us something that would fit us well. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wordsmith9091
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

If you are looking for a super contemporary, unique, boutique hotel in New Olreans, Loft 523 is TOTALLY the place to stay!!!! My husband and I stayed there a few months back and we loved the super quaint fibe. Loft 523 is defiantly the place we will stay every time we visit New Orleans. Don't miss out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The P3 room is amazing!!!!!!!!!