4,855 results
All reviews super dome vitascope hall french quarter smoothie king center mercedes benz superdome huge hotel convention hotel room key saints game beautiful hotel hurricane katrina attending a conference restaurants and bars corner room fitness center business district bourbon street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans for one night to attend a conference. Loved my room which featured a walled off sleeping area and very comfortable bed. Staff is thoughtful, nice and helpful. Decor is modern and color scheme is neutral. Overall a very nice hotel but definitely geared to the conference crowd. Some observations: you have to take an escalator before you get to the room elevators; there are no luggage racks in the rooms; elevators are high-tech as you swipe your card before getting on the elevator and it automatically takes you to your floor. The hotel goes the extra mile with a full supply of toiletries in the room. Rooms also feature plush robes. There's a Starbucks on-premise. If your interest is the French Quarter, it's a 15-20 minute walk; so other properties may be more convenient. For our meeting, the Hyatt Regency New Orleans was a very nice place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HyattRegencyNola, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Gary, thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. Your feedback means a lot to us as we continue to work towards bettering our overall hotel experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for anesthesia course, from check in to check out everything was easy, all staff are welcoming, ready to help.
A little bit of a walk from reception area to room’s elevator, not to bad for me though.
Starbucks conveniently located in the hotel.
About 25 minutes walk to Bourbon st.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Chris M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello and thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the centralized location and helpful staff. We look forward to hosting you in in a future visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans on November 17th in the evening. After waiting ten minutes at the check in line for the manager Don to comeback from the back office I was informed that they had no rooms available for my reservation that I made back on May 1st. The hotel has been overbooked. The manager booked us another room in a rundown hotel on the other side of the French quarter. It completely changed the location we needed for our trip. The only thing offered was cab money to the other hotel. For a brand like Hyatt who markets to a higher end hotel crowd, this service was unacceptable. Do not count on Hyatt honoring any stay you have booked. You’re better off going anywhere else.

MBH

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt H
HyattRegencyNola, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Mr. Hamilton, we sincerely apologize for providing a less than perfect stay for your trip to New Orleans. The experience you described is certainly not Hyatt standards, and we are so sorry this happened. We take your comments seriously and have passed them on to our management team. As terrible as it was it will serve as a wakeup call to our team in our quest to create great experiences for each and every guest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The property is fine for a convention, but nothing special. I would not stay here if the intent is to visit the French Quarter. There are nicer similarly priced properties that are closer to the tourist area of NOLA. Visit Bon Ton off property for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

We appreciate your valuable feedback. We're disappointed to read that you were not thoroughly impressed with our property. We sincerely apologize for delivering a less than perfect stay for your visit to New Orleans. If you decide to stay with us again, please let our staff know about your experience. We can assist in getting you tickets for the streetcar that passes directly in front of our hotel; it is one of the quicker ways to get to the French Quarter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was just an okay hotel. It's pretty and big, but nothing to write home about. I went on business. The conference I attended was there and I'm a Hyatt World rewards member. Didn't get any perks for my membership so that was a downer. The rooms are a comfortable size. They tried to offer me a king-size corner room for $10 more a night, but I declined. I didn't need it. They accommodated requests and check-in was fine. The design flow for getting from floor to floor is odd. You can print boarding passes, but it'll cost you to use it so it's not a helpful feature. They don't have an airport shuttle, which I find to be a problem for the quality of hotel. You get a wifi code, but once you leave the room and go to another part of the hotel, you are knocked off. Instead, you have to have an access code to the conference wifi and I didn't know what it was. Maybe it was something you could request, but it's just odd to not just inform us that's the case. The gym amenities are on the 32nd floor which I didn't care for, but what can you do? The hotel is fine, it's average. It was not a hotel I would choose for a vacation or lengthy stays. The express checkout and key drop off is cool. Microwaves on the odd-numbered floors if needed.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

We appreciate your valuable feedback. We're disappointed to read that you were not thoroughly impressed with our property. We sincerely apologize for delivering a less than perfect stay for your visit to New Orleans. If you are willing to share more details about your reservation, we would like the opportunity to find out why you were not recognized as a World of Hyatt member. Please contact our Front Desk at 504-561-1234, so that a manager can investigate further. We want you to know that you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again with us soon.