4,619 results
All reviewssuper domevitascope hallfrench quartersmoothie king centermercedes benz superdomehuge hotelroom keyconvention hotelsaints gamehurricane katrinabeautiful hotelcab riderestaurants and barsattending a conferencecorner roomfitness centerbusiness district
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This is an ENORMOUS hotel so if you are looking for a bespoke boutique experience this isn’t going to be for you. However the staff were universally very friendly and one or two tried very hard to go above and beyond (Natalie!). The food was excellent - particularly the breakfasts (omelettes) and sushi but avoid the rubbery sweet potato fries.

The location is in the central business district right next to the Superdrome. My room was spacious and extremely quiet. Although my room was close to the elevators and the central atriums once the door was shut I heard no noise whatsoever which was pretty impressive as the hotel was totally full and I stayed a week. My bed was very comfortable, but the water pressure in the shower was disappointingly weak and the cord on the hairdryer bizarrely short...... both were in themselves seemingly minor issues but ones which should not apply in a hotel marketing itself as 5 star.

There’s complimentary Starbucks coffee in the hotel room but no milk (fresh or of the long life variety just this horrific non-dairy powder thing....) but there is a Starbucks itself within the hotel.

The hotel once you start moving up to the rooms is architecturally well designed but if you’re scared of heights strongly suggest you request a room on a lower floor as you reach accommodation via glass elevators and the height of the balconies on each floor was lower than I was used to. Not low, just a nail biting experience if, like me, you’re not massive fan of exposed heights.

Overall not a bad hotel or way to spend a few days in the Big Easy but a lot of small flaws which add up to a bigger number given its quality status and Hyatt brand.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Life music in atrium hall does not support sleep quality for hundreds of rooms at an overpriced hotel directly beside the stadium which makes it hard to reach during events. Friendly staff and Clean rooms can be found.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Tr4velF0X
Reviewed 16 November 2017

When I got in to the room I was surprised that it's a disability room with 2 queen bed and I am single, I contacted the front disk for this regard and they told me they provided this room because they are fully booked, it was a rude way not to inform me about this at the check in, I asked them to change it to a regular room and they promised me to do so and they didn't call me back for the whole stay (4 nights)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Our room was on the 6th floor and overlooked the middle of the atrium. I was very worried about noise since I am a very light sleeper, but the room was SUPER quiet. There were many events going while we were there (dance competition, reunions, wedding reception, jazz band playing in the atrium), but the room was unbelievably quiet and we never had to wait more than a few seconds on the elevator. The hotel is HUGE and does not seem to have adequate dining facilities for the amount of guests there. There is a Starbucks in the hotel but it closes after 4:00 as do two other restaurants there. The only restaurants that stay open for dinner is a sports bar ($16 hamburger) a very fancy restaurant, and a grab and go sandwich/pizza place. There is a Jimmy Johns a couple of blocks away and three sit down restaurants (Dave and Busters is next door) just steps from the hotel. Hotel parking is $40 per day or you can park in the lot adjoining the hotel for $24 per day. If you park in the cheaper lot, you will be charged each time you exit the lot. Since we were not going to be using our car while we were there, we opted for the cheaper lot. It was very easy to get from the car to the hotel via an elevator and interior walkway. The room itself was very spacious and had a refrigerator, nice wardrobe closet with an iron and ironing board in there, two very comfortable beds, a large chair, dresser, and large TV. They provide you with plenty of amenities in addition to coffee, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower cap, cotton balls, q-tips that you can order from a menu for free. We actually ordered fingernail polish remover wipes, make-up remover wipes, and bedroom slippers and they were brought to us at no charge. Talk about hospitality! We took an Uber to the French Quarter and it was $8. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I went here for a meeting and wasn't really looking forward to it. I'm not a fan of anything in New Orleans and a game was scheduled for Sunday, So I just knew it would be full of drunk, obnoxious jerks. Well - I admit I was wrong. Very easy ride from the airport with very little traffic for a Friday Noon. Check in was fast. Getting to the room is a trick - take 2 escalators up, then get the lift. We had club level. This is the most efficient lift I ever saw. You scan your room key and it tells you which lift to go to. Bad part is, too bad if your friends are on another floor or you get on the wrong one. Room was clean and freezing cold. Great AC system here. Bathroom is a bit small, but it served its purpose. Club level lounge has a good view. Food selection was a little small, but was good. Honor bar - 5.00/drink. I'm sure that works very well for them. I paid, but it was a full glass of wine, not the 1/3 I usually pour. Breakfast buffet was good and has the standard US items as well as the standard European selection with salmon, salad, beans... The location is not walking distance to anything unless you want to walk at least 1 mile to get to anything other than the dome. Take a cab ride for 5.00 to get to the river walk area.

Plenty of good places to eat on the 2nd floor. We had our sushi, oysters and a salad. Service was good. The guys are great at getting a cab called up to the door for you here. Checkout was a breeze and then back to the airport Saturday so I got to avoid the game day loons that show up. The trip was far more enjoyable than I expected, but last time I was here was for Katrina. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business