1,966 results
All reviews bourbon house bourbon street great location french quarter canal st valet parking mardi gras street noise alexa nola cvs conference earplugs concierge action shampoo trolley
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It advertised the room as being for four ppl and charged much more but it definitely was not. There was no fridge the wifi didn't work and the room was freezing with no thermostat. The front desk staff were rude and for the price we could of gotten a much better room and some Hilton or best Western.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Brendan L
Ivy L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Brendan L,

Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations and our own internal guest service standards. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future. Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 504-962-0532 or ilim@astorneworleans.com.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Modern, well appointed room . Friendly staff. Corner of Canal and Bourbon.. Easy access to street cars or Uber. Good restaurant on premises. Clean, coffee pot, ice nearby. Quiet, fast elevators. Reasonable rates for French Quarter

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank adeleonthego
Ivy L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear adeleonthego,

Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad that we helped make your stay in New Orleans a pleasant one.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This hotel is in the perfect location - heart of the French Quarter, where the action is, but very quiet. Clean. Breakfast buffet not incredible for the price, but convenient. I would stay here again.

Room tip: If you are of the "mature" set, you might want to go for a handicapped room. The toilets are VERY low.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear 139katew,

Thank you for the awesome review! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked the room because it was close to Burbon St but not in the heart of it because my trip was with my daughter. I booked it before reading the review and some of the things people have written on here are really harsh. I can say our experience was great. Everytime we called for our car, they told us 20 minutes so we waited then went down. Our car was pulling up each time. The staff was helpful and courteous. There was a line at check in but French Quarter is chaos and that's to be expected. The staff handled things well. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. There were reviews on here about looking at a wall so that was a concern for me. The Astor is actually one of the oldest buildings in the city, built in 1850's, but it's completely remodeled. Each room has a window looking into what may have been an open courtyard, probably intended to give natural light. Trust me we didn't spend anytime staring out the window so it wasn't an issue. Burbon street is loud so I definitely wouldn't want a room overlooking it! Also, our room was quiet even though when you walked out of the hotel music filled the air. Great place to stay. Easy walk to EVERYWHERE. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kimberly H,

I am glad that you and your daughter had a great time in New Orleans! Thank you for the awesome review and for recommending us to other travelers.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

By being at the corner of Canal & Bourbon this hotel has a great running start to stay at when planning your French Quarter visit -- the location is great to launch your sojourn. And the room prices are better than at most hotels in the Quarter. But, the place could be better. This is a hotel that deals in volume and mass groups -- many tour groups clog the front entrance waiting to check-in, depart, or just to mill about. Expect crowds. Don't expect a friendly hello or staff around to ask a question without waiting in a long line. Our room was good, not great -- the window was cracked, no refrigerator, and housekeeping came everyday but sometimes left no wash cloths, or forgot to replenish coffee cups - the little things. But, we're dealing in a "pull em in, push em' through" volume shop. We know our way around the French Quarter, and given the price, would stay again in the future. The hotel felt safe and was relatively clean.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ivy L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear ccm02139,

Thank you for your candid review of the hotel. We appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.