Le Richelieu in the French Quarter
US$ 209
US$ 179
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 147
HolidayInn.com
US$ 332
US$ 302
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 137
US$ 131
US$ 245
Hotels.com
US$ 220
US$ 326
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$ 207
US$ 80
US$ 78
  • Breakfast included
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 127
  • Fitness centre
1,271 results
All reviewspaul mccartneyfrench quarterfrenchman streetquiet endjackson squarewalk in closetquiet sectionceiling fanold world charmprivate balconyan older hotelbourbon stquiet locationcharming hotelfourth floorfrench doorsself parking
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I almost don't want to share this info-since this place is such a great deal and great location and I want to be sure I gert the room I want when I return.
We found the staff welcoming pleasant and very funny. Ladies talking to you you through the kitchen windows was one of my highlights as was chatting with the owner Frank who still stops to pick up items on the terrace. My other highlight was sitting out on our balcony after a long day havign a night cap or sipping a coffee as the sun was rising . We loved room 311. Our intention is to return to New Orleans every year and Le Richelieu is the only hotel we will ever stay in again. There is no better location. That said it is the staff that made our stay special. .We will thank them personally when we return. Frank you don't own a hotel you own our home away from home. Like other reviews state is you want the new stuff go somewhere else. But if your interest is New Orleans the music and real life in New Orleans this place is it
We won't stay in another place-there is no need. There is a coffee shop and bar around the corner a deli and variety store a block up, The Market and street car two blocks south, Bourbon two blocks north. Frenchman two blocks east. Preservation Jazz Hall 1 block south. And all of this is in an amazing neighbourhood. Good luck to me finding the room I want now!!

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre and I didn;t order breakfaast. There is no NA option Tell them bob says hi!
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Yes, this hotel is charming. Yes, it is a bit old. Yes, it is in the quiet part of the Quarter. Yes, the staff is very nice. Yes, it is a wonderful place to stay! If you want all the modern amenities and fluff go elsewhere. This place is the best. Stayed here last October and again in April. Each time in a one bedroom suite. I choose Le Richelieu as my first choice place to stay in the French Quarter!

Room Tip: Choose a one bedroom suite when lower prices are available....lots of room for a low price!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We have stayed here twice now and have had a great stay each time. This is not a high end hotel, but a small local older hotel. Slightly shabby, but very comfortable with a lot of character that fits perfectly if you want something that reflects the character of the French Quarter. The rooms need to be updated but are comfortable just the same. The front desk staff are very friendly and so is the owner. We love the location for the activities that we do in the Quarter and are really quite pleased with Le Richelieu. A couple of things on my wish list would be with a coffee maker in the rooms or at least a free coffee urn in the restaurant downstairs. Every morning I had to got to the corner coffeehouse to buy a large coffee to wake up with. A continental breakfast would be nice too. This hotel is at the far end of the French Quarter and has plenty of amenities in the area, but is not in a busy/noisy part of town.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights at Le Richelieu in the French Quarter of New Orleans while attending the French Quarter Jazz Festival. We agree with the reviews that use the words "charming" and "quiet", and tt was an easy walk to anywhere in the French Quarter. The front desk staff is unfailingly cheerful, polite, and helpful. We liked the easy access to parking and the gated, secure parking area. However, it is not "charming" to have water up to your ankles in the shower because of slow drains. It is not "quaint" to have the cord for the coffee maker stretched across the sink to reach the only electrical outlet available. Our room was small, and the sink and refrigerator and a disconnected stove were built into what was obviously once a closet, so we had to slide the closet doors back and forth to make and pour coffee, then slide again to get cream out of the refrigerator. The lobby and hallways are clean but need updating. The bathroom definitely needs updating. And each night, we fought the bottom sheet coming off of the bed; thick mattresses need bigger sheets or better bed-making techniques. We had to unplug the in-room alarm clock to have an outlet to charge our laptop and cell phones.

Room Tip: The rooms vary as to amenities. Ask for a refrigerator and in-room coffee if you want either.
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed here during the NCAA 2012 Final Four, a total of 7 nights. We had no promblem getting to the Superdome, but we could not get a taxis back if our life depended on it (and after you have walked 20 min.in the pouring rain you feel like it did). You can ride the Streetcars part of the way, but the one that goes to the Frenchmarket closes between 9pm and 10pm. Well enough of that the hotel itself is old, but clean. We had a lower level room , which had a little musty smell when it rained. The room was just a regural small old hotel room. There was a mini refrigerator in the closet, it also had a I phone changer, a hair dryer, and a small flat screen tv in the room. I have to say that it was a little noisy escpecially in the morning. They are alway working on sometime outside and the walls are not as thich as otherwise stated by other reviews.(that includes the interior walls).They do have free coffee in the restrurant. You have to get it yourself. We did eat breakfast there 2 times it is ok, but nothing special. They close the restruant at 2pm, but the bar stays open until 12am I think. The swimming poool is very small and I only seen one family using it. This was our first trip to NOLA and I guess for the money this was a good place to stay. I do think if I go back I would look at other places, especially if I was going to a event at the Superdome.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the top floor if you can. I hope you have better luck than us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple