“Excellent Location - better service”

Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
Ranked #73 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 August 2017

This hotel is in an excellent location. The French Quarter, Central Business District, World War II Museum, and River Walk are all within walking distance. The hotel is clean and comfortable, if not overly fancy. Most importantly, the staff is excellent. Glenn and William in Bell Services are _awesome_. They are friendly, helpful, and always hustling.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear DBofOC, thank you for the great review. We are so pleased our location met your travel needs and that you enjoyed our wonderful city. We have also shared your compliments with both Glenn and William. They join me in inviting you back for another great experience. We all hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I will say this stay started out to be a 5 Star event. When I checked in Yvette Porter was more than happy to help. She is extremely friendly and helpful. She is someone that is a true asset to this hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her. She is outstanding!
My room was excellent, it was clean, spacious and quiet. Other than someone trying to break in the middle of the night, it was great.
My real problems came when I used the $15 voucher for the restaurant. I gave the gentleman behind the bar the card andorderd a drink. He came back with eh ticket and it showed $14 and that the voucher was for $14. I asked him about it and he said it would all work itself in the wash. I then ordered dinner and a drink, I never saw the extra $1 credit on my bill. I know it is only a $1, but as they say in NOLA, it all works itself out in the wash.
Then the coup de grace, I called down to the valet for my car. They say to call 15 minutes beforehand. So I did. I get down there and wait another 10 minutes. Nobody is bringing my car around. So I ask the valet about it and he said he would check. He yelled at me to come over to the booth and said I hadn't paid the parking, so I had to pay him directly. I told him it should be on the bill. He was adamant I should pay him directly. I guess I made a big enough fuss that he called the front desk and took care of it. It still took another 30 minutes to get my car. There were at least 5 other people getting their cars ahead of me. I guess that is what I get for not paying the skim to Jesse the valet.
I will never stay here again. They need to get their skimming employees straightened out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Brad A
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Greetings Brad, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Pere Marquette. I was pleased to see that you were happy with your check-in experience but obviously disappointed to hear about the transactions at the bar and valet service. I take incidents like these very seriously and I can assure you that we are looking into the details regarding who you interacted with while you were in those areas of the hotel. I apologize that those individuals ruined what could have been an outstanding experience with us in New Orleans and hope that at some point you would be willing to stay with us again so that we can show you that we can provide outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Great place just off "Bourbon" street. Very "chic" design in the hotel and rooms. Rooms are very spacious and had a great stay here, would love to return. The lobby is a great place to relax in and unwind with friends.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank DisneyCA2012
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear DisneyCA2012,

Thanks for staying at our hotel! We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your guest room and our hotel lobby. Our housekeeping and engineering staff do a wonderful job maintaining our facilities and we are happy everything was to your liking. We appreciate your kind review and hope you will be back to see us again soon. It was our pleasure to be of service. We wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and the restaurant in the hotel had amazing food but we were on the 12th floor and the elevators stopped working. Such an inconvenience to have to walk 2 flights of stairs with no ac in the stairwell. We were not notified of the elevators not working we had to find out ourselves by waiting for almost 20 mins for an elevator that never showed up. The next afternoon we received a letter under our door saying that they are working on the elevators. They were fixed a day later. But other than that the lobby was amazing. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear 28tianam, we are happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We apologize for problems with the elevator. Your comments were shared with our engineering department, and the problem has since been corrected. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and taking the time to post a review. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Came to this hotel for the weekend with my nieces. Very nice hotel from the lobby to the rooms. Really enjoyed our stay. It is an older hotel, but you really can't tell. They've done a pretty good job keeping it up to date.

The lobby staff is super helpful.

I ordered take out and the lady who delivered it was OUTSTANDING ... very friendly and kind. Loved her.

Thanks all!

Oh one down side...there is NO POOL at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear jmelissaprentice, thank you for being our guest at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel. We enjoyed reading your review and learning about the highlights of your stay. We appreciate your comments about our location, excellent customer service, and our updated facilities. It was a pleasure to have you and your nieces as our guests and we hope to see you again soon!