My family and I spent a three day Easter weekend at the Drury in New Orleans. The location is very good. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Canal Street edge of the French Quarter. It is also very close to the St Charles Avenue Street Car Line ($1.25 each way if you would like to go into the Garden District or even farther up river.) It is about a 15 minute walk to the Superdome and to the next door New Orleans Arena (The Hive). Go Hornets! The free breakfast at the Drury is a real bonus. The breakfast food choices (eggs, waffles, sausage, french toast and biscuits and gravy were more than adequate. In the evening they offer "heavy snacks" along with three free drinks. Free self serve pepsi products are available 24/7 and popcorn is available for an evening light snack. The hotel service was fine. Our very basic guest room was not huge but we didn't seem to mind. They have 2 computers with printers available in the lobby for guest use for things like checking in for flights and printing of boarding passes. I also used the guest computer for a little surfing. They have a small, but nice, roof top pool and hot tub. Towels are available in the pool area. There are a few restaurants nearby, including the Bon Ton Cafe (only open M-F) at the corner of Magazine and Poydras. But there are hundreds of other excellent restaurants scattered throughout New Orleans, including some within reasonably easy walking distance in the French Quarter or Central Business District. The cab to and from the airport was $56 each way plus tip, for our family of four. It seemed to be about a 15 minute ride to the airport from the Drury. For Roman Catholics, you have a couple of nearby choices for Mass while at the Drury. We walked over for Easter Sunday Mass at Saint Patrick's (724 Camp St.). We were in and out in 45 minutes.My children really appreciated the brevity of the Mass.To summarize, we liked the Drury a lot. We would probably go back to the Drury in a future visit to New Orleans. Excellent value for the price. Very good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans