“Now I know why this is #1 in New Orleans!”

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Ranked #3 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Eugene, Oregon
“Now I know why this is #1 in New Orleans!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I am SO impressed with the New Orleans Drury Inn! I travel quite a bit, and am tired of overpriced big hotels that charge for everything on top of a premium price. I've also experienced some of the dirtiest rooms and the worst service in these big hotels.
I read about the Drury on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. Wow!!! It's a beautiful hotel, well maintained. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was large and comfortable, and the bathroom well laid out. It's not HUGE, so it's fast and easy to get to the room. The added bonus of breakfast and an evening snack and drinks was just wonderful. They even had popcorn, which I thoroughly enjoyed while watching the Oscars! I felt like I was visiting family. I will recommend this hotel, and if I'm ever in New Orleans again I will be very happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a corner suite with windows on two sides. It was very quiet and private.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank KB1950
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mount Holly, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed here over Mardi Gras. Place was packed but staff did an excellent job in keeping everything clean. Hot tub on roof could have been a bit warmer but it was enjoyable and a interesting vantage point for a parade. Over all I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George O
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the weekend before Mardi Gras. I was a bit apprehensive because of some reviews but overall I was pleased. The staff was very nice and helpful. We left our room early in the morning and several days near noon and upon our return our room was nice and tidy. We had a jacuzzi suite and it was quite spacious...enough room for much more than two people. There are two full size closets, mini fridge, flat panel TV, livingroom, and separate bedroom. The short walk to the French Quarter was nice and there is a Domino's just around the corner for an evening snack...or there are many nicer places that deliver to the hotel. Maybe the only little thing that kind of bothered us was the view. I am not sure if all jacuzzie suites are situated in the back corner of the hotel but our view was faced west and consisted primarily of two brick walls bordering the parking lot and some buildings off in the distance. Since we didn't spend much time in our room, the view did not bother us much. It was our first trip to New Orleans for some of the Mardi Gras festivities and we look forward to staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Get the Jacuzzi Suite! It's very roomy!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frances D
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The guest services at the drury were very helpful and accommodating! The room is basic, however, very clean. The breakfast and mid-day snacks were very good! They throw in free wi-fi, and free night time calls...something hotels do not do. Overall, for a no frills type of place, we got a lot more than your other hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jocsha
Reviewed 27 February 2012

It lived up to all the reviews I read. Yes it is not a swanky 5 star but it clean, centrally located, good price, easy to get everwhere, and the people were very nice!!

• Stayed February 2012