“Felt like living history”

Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Slidell, LA
“Felt like living history”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The place is a grand manison set on one of the most picturesque streets in New Orleans. The Street car is just steps outside the door to carry you to the French Quarter or other places of interest. That is the highlight of staying there, no need for a car and you are in 'more' of a residential neighborhood than staying in the Qtr with all the noise all night long.
Our room was spacious, the bed comphy and clean, everything we needed and more. We enjoyed having the free wifi so I could keep up with business and the complimentary snacks in the dining room. Joe was over the top with sharing information we felt like old friends.
I was saddened that the breakfast was a continental as I am use to the breakfasts at other B&B's but learned that it is not their choice, it is a city ordinance or such and they are not allowed to cook for guests. BUT with that said, they go out of their way to offer the best continental I have had at any lodging.
I am already planning my next adventure to the past.

Room Tip: Joe happened to show me a few of the rooms, glad he had already picked ours out or I would still be...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I'm glad I chose the Avenue Inn when I needed a quiet place to study for finals. Bebe and Joe made sure that I got a room with a desk, and I was very thankful for the complimentary wi-fi, tea, coffee, water, and snacks. While I wasn't there on vacation, it was such a stress-free and laid-back atmosphere that it almost felt like one :)

Room Tip: A room on the first floor near the back gives you quick access to the parking lot
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We spent 5 nights, did all the things we set out to do, heard good music, ate great food, saw the sites. We had a very nice vacation. Joe & Bebe helped make our stay delightful. Any of our needs were taken care of immediately. We took the streetcar in to the French Quarter several times, simple and easy. This is a wonderful place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Joe and Bebe were wonderfully hospitable and helpful. We enjoyed the Inn it self, we loved the area around it, and the proximity to the streetcar and the main drag of St. Charles was perfect for exploring. On our next trip to New Orleans, (yes, we've already decided to go back) we'll certainly stay at the Avenue Inn again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dpiotrowski35
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My friend and stayed here recently during French Quarter Fest were delighted. My friend returned home, my husband arrived and our room changed to the honeymoon suite and again, we were delighted. The house is lovely, the rooms and bathrooms were spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. The parlor even has Miss Scarlett's green velvet portieres (sic?) hanging on the magnificent windows. We particularly enjoyed the verandah and garden. Rocking on the porch and looking out at St. Charles Ave. from a ways back was surprisingly serene. We also appreciated the proximity of the streetcar and Magazine St. The breakfast was plentiful and well-thought out if not inspiring. I can understand why they choose to serve a continental breakfast - it's a big B&B -- and I did know what to expect. We especially appreciated the welcoming chocolate chip cookies and the free water, fruit, and other snacks available all the time. All in all, Joe and Bebe seemed to have thought of everything we could have wanted to make our stay special - and Joe's wry sense of humor added an extra special touch. The Avenue Inn is a charming respite in my very favorite city in the world and I will be back. Thank you, Joe and Bebe!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family