This hotel was everything we wanted and more!
First, the location. We loved where this hotel was. It was just a block off Canal St which offered shopping and restaurants. It was an easy walk to anywhere in the French Quarter, only a block to Bourbon St, and had tons of excellent restaurants very close to choose from.The street itself felt very safe in the day and before 9:00pm (we didn't go out later than that).
The staff at this hotel were amazing. So friendly and helpful. When we checked in we wanted a close place to dine and the front desk wrote down 4 excellent options (we tried three throughout our stay). The valets at the front of the hotel always offered directions and made sure you knew where you were going. And we were always greeted when we came back from our day with a happy "welcome back". Don H. was always so helpful when we asked for directions, dining options, etc. Such a great team at this hotel.
The property itself is very clean. Our room was spacious with 2 king size beds. We had the double kind suite. The main room had a desk, king size bed, TV, fridge, wet bar, closet, and bathroom. There was a second room that had a sliding door that could be closed. This room also had a king size bed, dresser, small sofa that seated 2, and a TV. This room was a great option for sharing. The second room allowed us to a bit of privacy.
The bathroom was well stocked with towels and Paul Mitchell toiletries. The shower had good pressure and was roomy. The only small thing about the room I would change was the sliding doors for the bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom door didn't lock so you would want to be sure you were comfortable with the people you are staying with. It was also a bit loud when you closed it at night. But this was very minor.
The hotel bar always had a happy hour from 5pm to 10pm with a drink special (between $4 and $5). Buy a drink and get a complimentary snack (popcorn, trial mix). There was also a food item for purchase (like wings, or a flatbread). We enjoyed relaxing in this area and having a drink after supper.
If you are going to New Orleans, I would absolutely recommend this hotel. It has everything you need to have a comfortable vacation and enjoy this amazing city!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the heart of The Big Easy when you stay at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville. Spend your day strolling through the French Quarter as you make your way to Bourbon Street, then plan to visit historical sites including Jackson Square and the National WWII Museum. Southern comfort is waiting for you in our rooms and suites boasting comfortable beds and cotton-rich lines. Feel immersed in the city's culture with our locally inspired decor and scenic views. Complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-panel TVs create a setting that feels just like home. When hunger strikes, drop by Vieux Varre Cafe, our hotel's eatery with Starbucks® beverages and delicious entrees. Wine and beer are also available in the evening. Continue your workout routine while on the road with our fitness center's cardio equipment and free weights. There's fun to be had when you stay at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberville Hotel New Orleans
- Iberville Suites New Orleans
- Iberville New Orleans