Just got back from 5 nights at this hotel. It gets great pluses for being in one of the best locations. A 2 block walk to catch the trolley and a 3 block walk to the French Quarter. It was also an easy walk to the Civil War and WW2 Museums. The beds were so comfy and they have room darkening shades which helped when needing to nap after an early flight into town. The one big drawback is the towels which are about the worst I've ever had in a hotel. This is what keeps the rating at 3 stars for me. The bathroom as well as the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were fine so I'm not sure why they scrimped on the towels. The hotel also has a fitness room but it's very limited in size with 1 treadmill, 2 bikes, and 2 stair machines. The treadmill was broken and one of the bikes had a broken seat that would not lock in place. I also had trouble getting hot water on the first day, but the maintenance man came to my room and fixed the problem. They have a coffee shop which serves Starbucks coffee but in terms of hotel bar or restaurant, this hotel is very no frills. There's a Sushi restaurant next door which has a separate entrance from the street but you can also get to it through the hotel lobby. Unfortunately, it wasn't really a good bar-type atmosphere but the French Quarter was filled with all kinds of options for that! It was nice to have free Wi-fi. It seems so many hotels charge you for this these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans