“Zydeco or Bust!”

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Zydeco or Bust!”
Reviewed 9 April 2003

After something like 8 trips to New Orleans, I finally made it to the much-talked about Rock N Bowl in July, 2002. We were there on a Thursday night, which happens to be Zydeco Night. Everyone was kicking up their heels and having such a wild time that the floor was literally shaking!! People of all ages and all races were dancing and socializing together. With a crowd like that, it's easy to get caught up in the excitement and genuine good feelings. We were there again the following night, but the place was much more subdued as they were featuring a bluesy band. As for the bowling itself, the equipment is rather outdated, but functional. Even though Rock N Bowl is somewhat out of the way, I'd go again for the great music, inspiring crowd, and reasonable prices!!

3 Thank Bambi_Boulangerie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible”
Reviewed 18 March 2003

Hello, I was told by some locals this place was a must see for local music, and the local music is the best so I thought this was a must see. I got a cab and this place is kinda far from the quarter in the worst neighborhood in New Orleans. The cab fare from the Quarter was $ 38.00 round trip. Then I had to pay a $ 7.00 cover charge to get in and the band was terrible. It took me fifteen minutes to get a drink and then the band started playing and was terrible. I hate to sound negative but this place just wasn't worth it. There are so many great places to listen to music in the quarter and if you want to get out of the tourist area head to the uptown bars on the streetcar line. Just my two cents worth. Thanks!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member