“Pulled Pork Nachos for the WIN!!”

The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria
Ranked #14 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a day of drinking and football we ventured into this lovely uptown gem. Although we were told there would be a 40 minute wait, it was more like 15 and after what we had we would've waited an hour and 40 minutes! We started with the pulled pork nachos and those were probably the best nachos I have had in my life and I don't even eat pulled pork! I know, right?!?! I figured I would pick around it but got a chip loaded with the nacho goodness and some pork and from then on I was in love. Other great dishes had by my group included the Mahi Mahi Cuban type sandwich and the gator, shrimp and tuna tartare tacos

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, fun drinks and casual, cool vibe! So many awesome twists to the classic taco you can't go wrong!!! Huge Rum selection to have fun with...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here with some friends for my birthday. I saw this place on Trip Advisor, and figured it was worth the $10 Uber ride. Everyone ordered tacos and enjoyed them... except the lamb taco. The beef empandas were amazing, and the drinks were pretty good. This place gets packed so be expecting a wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Concierge recommended this spot as we were heading to Magazine Street to stroll and shop. We were delighted with our choices. Nachos were a very substantial size, our salad was delicious and the service was warm and friendly. The atmosphere was one of a neighbourhood tavern...warm and welcoming. Great spot for lunch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place for tacos and all the fixings to go along with it! Give this place a try. Cool trolley ride from the Quarter...