“Great experience”

Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 27 March 2017

My wife and I stumbled upon Serio's looking for something for lunch. We thought it looked cool and we would give it a shot. It was cool to see that the guy behind the counter beat Bobby Flay in a cooking showdown. He was super friendly and fun to chat with. We both got Po-Boys mine the fried oyster and hers the brisket. They were both really good. The Brisket fries however were fantastic. I would go back for the fries alone!! If you are looking for a good fair priced lunch, definitely give them a shot.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Picked up a muffaletta at Mike Serio's Po-Boy Cafe enroute to airport. Delays and missed connections resulted in 16 hours between purchase and eating. Nevertheless, it travelled very well and staff packed it for travel. It was delicious and a wonderful treat after a long and challenging flight home. Now I know what the fuss is all about.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

By far the best muffuletta ever and I am sure there is something extra special in their olive spread and what ever it is, I love it along with their combination of Italian meats and cheeses. Husband and I split a half of one. Son had their shrimp po boy along with their version of disco fries. Fries served with beef pieces in gravy with jalapeños. Crazy combo but deliciously addicting. The owner Mike is fun person to talk to and makes you feel at home. Service was quick and friendly. Also love all the LSU memorabilia decorating the walls along with the blue dog artwork! A must stop for lunch!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

LSU patriotism aside, these were some of the best sandwiches we have had. I ordered 1/2 of the Muffaletta special and only ate 1/4th - giant bread, a lot of meat and cheese and lots of olives. The Roast Beef Po Boy was also very good. This is a great place for lunch. I would highly recommend if you are on your way to the St. Charles street car.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

My friend and I came here hungry, and left satisfied. We had a classic po'boy and she had one with ham cheese and something else (i forget the name) but both were delicious! Very cheap and good for a quick bite to eat before you go out for the day.