1,046 results
All reviews kevin cheneau french quarter w hotel harrah's casino mother's restaurant lobby bar walking distance corner room concierge desk warehouse district essence festival key card directly across the street the river walk few blocks mini fridge enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The Le Meridien on Poydras has been around as a hotel for a long time but fairly recently has transitioned to a Le Meridien. The property was also remodeled and is definitely an improvement over the previous W.

The suites are spacious and the property is in a very good location to the business district but also somewhat walkable to the French Quarter.

I would definitely recommend Le Meridian in NOLA.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyle D
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your great experience. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

When I tell you I absolutely love this hotel! Modern luxury at its finest! I was very empresses with the entrance how the doors are motion censored to open automatically. Especially after a night of drinking and partying! Lol The check in process was super quick and easy. The room was very spacious and equipped with a mini bar and snack bar. The restroom was nice and the bed was so comfortable it felt amazing. I was on floor 21 and I had a view or the river which was amazing. Harrah's casino is literally a few steps away. There's also a bar and a very nice patio area to sit and lounge if you'd like. I would definitely recommend and I would absolutely stay here again. Definitely felt like a VIP!!! Way to go guys!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you. We appreciate you sharing your amazing experience.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here about a year and a half ago and had a good time this time was so so.

The minute we pulled in valet was so disorganized. We sat in the street for about 10 minutes greeted by a manger that was so dry that he didn't have any personality. I asked for Tim, Nick, and asked for the Hispanic manager (forgot his name) because they made my trip so wonderful the last time. I was sad to hear that they no longer worked there. The hotel needs to get these 3 guys back asap.

Checked in took a good minute. I was taken care of my Kevin. He was just as great this time as last.

The room was almost as nice as last time.. The carpet needs some shampooing as my white socks were black on the bottom from walking on it. Had a nice view down poydras street. Had some drinks at the bar that was good as always.

Check out time was more chaotic than check in. Called down for my vehicle just to be told we aren't taking calls and then have the phone slammed in my ears. We packed our things Lawrence took care of us on our way down. We get down to valet there's a long line of people waiting. I was quoted 15-20 mins which isn't had. The problem is it took over an hour to get my vehicle. I spoke to the valet guy on duty about a refund for my excessive wait time. He told me no refunds today because it's s city wide event with a lot of people driving, I'm sorry but if I spent over 100 buck for 2 nights of valet I expect more people working. Also during my stay I overheard someone say a valet ran into a predestination by their parking facility. I was told the valet is outsourced. I couldn't tell that during my first stay, but I definitely could tell this time.

My stay would have been rated a 5 if it wasn't for the debacle in valet.

Thanks Kevin and Lawrence

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate your comments on the parking issues and will pass them along to the appropriate team members to that they can use them to help improve our guest experience going forward.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

For starters their gym is probably the best hotel gym in which I've ever stayed. I can't say enough good things about it.

The bed was extremely comfortable, kudos for that. The TV was huge and made for a relaxing morning when waking up to watch the news.

I forgot my shaving cream and the front desk thankfully had a travel size to offer me, I thought this was very generous and great customer service.

My chief complaint was the thing walls. I could hear everything that was going on in the connecting room next to me. They often woke me up when I was sleeping. They weren't being obnoxiously loud, rather I think it is just a function of the property.

The bathrooms are a bit small too (at least my room which was 1618) and made it hard to maneuver.

I booked this hotel on hotels.com and had a credit which saved some money so I wasn't completely upset but if I were to be paying their full rate I'd have to say I'd be even more upset... I really think they need to look into renovating the hotel, hearing other people's business is not a good look.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our amazing gym. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I want to start off by saying that this hotel is not a 4 star at all. My husband and I arrived on Friday, November 24th and when we got to hotel to check in they put us in a room with double beds. We had been promised a king size bed and that’s what we had booked months in advance and paid for prior to our trip. The customer service there was horrible. They didn’t even try to accommodate us. All they said was it was completely booked and they couldn’t do anything about it. Another bad thing was that we had a connected room and we could hear everything and everyone next door to us. Didn’t get sleep at all. This hotel really put a bad taste in my mouth as far as New Orleans. I didn’t enjoy the visit and never will go back. The workers were so rude. We valet parked and when we were checking out it took an hour for them to bring us our car. Please check all reviews before booking with this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda G
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experience and will use your comments to help us improve our service.