“Could be better, but not the worst.”

Le Meridien New Orleans
Ranked #76 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I came here for a business trip- National Rec and Park Assoc Conference. I stayed at this hotel with at least 15 co workers. Upon arrival we were about an hour early for check in and told out rooms weren't ready... We went to eat came back and we were told our rooms still were not ready. Two hours later we came back and were told that the linens were not delivered that day, hence the severe delay. This was an EXTREME inconvenience. I mean, after one travels you just want to shower and chill, not wander around wasting unnecessary time and money waiting for you room to be prepared. I dont think I checked in until around after 10-11p-After stalling for about 9 hours. I was the one who asked how would I be compensated for the inconvenience and was rewarded with a $75 room credit, a co worker of mine was given a 5 $30 breakfast credit coupons...

My room was great. I was on the top floor, if i remember correctly there's like 24 floors and I had a great view. The beds are super comfortable. King/queen size beds. I realized that the beds do not have fitted sheets. Its just a top sheet tucked under the mattress, no big deal but just interesting.

Anyway on two separate occasions I found dirt on my sheets. One time it looked like 6 or 7 drops of some brown liquid. It was disgusting. I was told that my sheets would be changed and given another $75 credit that I also feel that I had to request. On another occasion I saw what looked like dirt or something smeared on my pillow case. I was so pissed. At this point I was, and still kinda am, convinced that no one is looking at what was being placed on my pillow and that I was laying in dirty sheets!! After calling the front desk I was told that my sheets can be changed but there's nothing else that can be done since I was already given credit, which I did not find acceptable.

The gym is not the biggest but it will do. Opens up around 7 I believe and I was in there every morning. They have a few treadmills, a leg press, free weights, some ab machines, stationary bike...and a few other machines. Sadly, no squat machine but enough to get a great workout.

There's a small rooftop pool! Looks nice and has an amazing view.

The food here is great. I ate breakfast every morning and got avocado toast and tea and it was amazing! I can only vouch for the breakfast food however.

The concierge for the most part was always very respectful and helpful and when I did have concerns about my room I asked to speak with management and they did have management return my call. There's also great happy hours here- and they also had like taco specials...

The hotel is in a very convenient location. Like a ten minute walk from bourbon street and a bunch of other eateries so an amazing location. Also directly across the street from Harrahs.

When I reviewed my bill that was emailed to, I saw an addtl charge of $40 or so. My co worker was given five breakfast coupons but we were only there for four mornings so he gave me one and the value was $30 . I was told I may not be able to use the coupon because his name was on it and management would follow up. I was charged the full amount which would have been fine if 1) I was told that I would be charged the full amount 2) If the coupon was returned! How are you going to charge me and not return the coupon that i supposedly couldnt use! When the coupon was not returned to me, and I checked with my co worker and it was not returned to him- I assumed it would be applied to my bill but NOPE. When I responded to my bill inquiring about the credit no one responded to me.

This hotel is actually great I just did not personally have a great stay, it was just okay. Without the mishaps I had it would definitely be 5 stars I just ran into too many issues.

Room Tip: Top Floor views are amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Thank you for the great review and the great feedback. Our apologies for the issues you encountered. We will use your comments to help us improve our overall guest experience going forward.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

This was my second trip to New Orleans. The first time I stayed at this property it was the "W". There were two people I met upon arrival, Kevin and Lawrence the doormen. Upon arrival on this trip the first person I saw was Kevin. As always he was helpful and full of recommendations. Looking foward to seeing him when I go back.

Now for hotel. Like I said this place is far away from the noise but close enough to the action. Its sits between the Warehouse District and the French Quarter. In walking distance to the Riverwalk Outlets and Business district. The interior design is gorgeous and modern. They have nightly events so you don't have to leave the hotel to have a night out. The only problem I have with this hotel is the size of the bathrooms. They're good if only person is staying in the room. More than that and you have a storage problem. That is my only complaint.

Will definitely be seeing them on my next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for mentioning Kevin and Lawrence. We are lucky to have them on the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Was really looking forward to our stay here. It wasn’t quite at the level we had expected, but not terrible.

Pros:
Great location! Bed was extremely comfortable with wonderful linens, plush towels were incredibly soft, cold and quiet air conditioner, spacious room, lots of hangers, amazing water pressure, nice seating area, great WiFi, good lobby bar, very helpful concierge, and friendly housekeepers in the hallways.

Cons:
Some of the worst lighting in any hotel I’ve stayed. Ladies- if you need a magnifying makeup mirror, bring a suction cup portable one with you. The bathroom lighting is atrocious so I had to do mine in the main room. The makeup mirror provided is set far away from the one hanging pendant light and only has horrible fluorescent under mirror lighting. Nothing about it made any sense.
We didn’t have hot water one of the mornings, and there is no fan (in case you need it to sleep), the tv cable was constantly going in and out so we just gave up and watched Netflix on our phones one night. We only had one robe in our room so my poor husband didn’t get one to relax in. The hallway is very noisy (our room was directly across the hall from a staff door and ice machine so everything echoes and the staff speaks so loudly. (I jammed towels at the bottom of the door to reduce the noise and it did help). Upon check in the concierge brought us up to a station and the agent looked at us and only said “I’m not ready for you.” Not quite the welcome we expected, but oh well.

Their customer service doesn’t seem to be a huge priority, and their housekeeping staff could use a refresher I think (We had empty Red Bull cans in the trash can when we checked in - hope they’re not that careless with the other cleaning!) But overall the location and hotel are good. Would stay here again if the rate was right

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LMNOGM, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for the review and the great feedback. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and will use your comments to help us improve our overall experience.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here with friends the night before boarding a cruise. Very nice hotel, conveniently located. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Loved the quirky upside down chair in the lobby and the videos playing by the elevators.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

This hotel gets you right in the middle of all the good walking sights! You are close great restaurants, casino is across the street, French Quarter is one mile away! Get your walking shoes on and get after it!

Room Tip: Hotel Food is Pricey
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful insight and comments. We appreciate you sharing your experience.