“Hotel Le Marais is a Good Choice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #6 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Arlington, MA
“Hotel Le Marais is a Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here with Husband and 2 kids for 4 nights. Staff, from front desk to bartenders/breakfast staff were professional and friendly. This is a good choice if you prefer a more modern atmosphere than a gildy/old school style. The bar and courtyard were funky and modern with nice plants and flowers, which our balcony room overlooked. I was annoyed that several disintegrating cocktail napkins remained in the pool for several days . . didn't make for an appealing swim in the pool. Breakfast was sufficient and it was nice to eat in the courtyard and talk with fellow guests. The location was great, close to everything but tucked on a side street. Rooms were modern and comfortable, though some of the furniture is showing some age/scratches and my comforter was stained. Our hair conditioner was not refilled and we never received a bath mat the last day, but otherwise the unseen cleaning staff did a fine job. We had no issue with the open shower design, maybe because the water pressure was almost non-existant.

Besides the few small issues, we enjoyed our stay and would return . . we loved New Orleans.

Room Tip: Loved that our Balcony Room overlooked the pretty courtyard . . seemed to have only 9 of these so re...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TamsenDD
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans thanks you for choosing us as your lodging preference. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Thanks for your compliments on our staff starting from our bartenders, breakfast attendants, and front desk agents as well as our courtyard, bar, breakfast and rooms. We surely can't wait to serve you again in the future.
Warm Greetings!!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

For some reason, I had never been to New Orleans before...and based partially on reviews through TripAdvisor I choose Le Marais for my visit. I was there on a Wednesday and Thursday night, so it wasn't exactly a packed French Quarter...although the Thursday was the start of the French Quarter Festival so the Thursday night crowd on the streets was noticeably larger. So I don't know if the quietness of the hotel was the result of having few neighbors on my floor or if the hotel is always that quiet. I wasn't keeping hours that would have had me crossing paths with too many others...so I don't know!

Check-in was quick and flawless. I drove there and used the valet parking which was quick and easy. My room was overlooking the courtyard...very nice...and no noise from outside the hotel until garbage trucks/work trucks started on Conti Street in the morning...but not at a level that would wake you up.

Everything was at a consistently high service-level, so there's nothing that stuck out....and in this case that's a good thing. The employees were great from the front desk to the valet to the bartender. Breakfast was good; they advertise a continental breakfast so I was suprised to see bacon and sausage available. Property was clean and well-maintained. Althoguh I didn't use it, the exercise room looked great...since few travel to NOLA to work out, I wonder how much the equipment actually gets used! And you're right in the middle of it all in the Quarter...easy walking distance to everything.

I'll try not to wait as long to return...and I will return here!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank qryche68
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are thrilled to hear that you had a delighted stay.
Thank you for your kind words on our rooms, staff, and our breakfast. We are really excited to hear that we provided you with the highest quality of service and that you were very happy with our services. We surely can't wait to see you again. Warm Greetings!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed here for 5 nights in the beginning of April. The reviews nailed it - this place was fantastic. The room was spacious with a view of the courtyard, the beds super comfortable, a funky bathroom, which we loved, great location but still very quiet, no problem with noise whatsoever. The outdoor pool was warm and lovely and the free breakfast was more than adequate. The room was not cleaned one day, but we realized we needed to press the "housekeeping" button in the room in order to have it cleaned. The staff was all helpful, nice, and accomodating. All and all it was an extremely pleasant experience, one I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank babs97
Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans thanks you for choosing us as your place to stay. We are thrilled to hear that you had a very pleasant stay. At Hotel Le Marais we pride in providing the highest quality of service and to hear that we have done it again, it make us very happy. Thank you for your kind words on our hotel, rooms, our super comfortable beds, free breakfast, outdoor pool, and our helpful staff. Nothing make us happier than to hear that our guests are a 100% satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!!
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I normally stay at the larger hotels when traveling to New Orleans, but I'm glad they were all booked this time because I now have a new favorite. The location is PERFECT if you want to be in the Quarter. One block off Bourbon, and within walking distance of everything. They have a nice breakfast with a little of everything... yogurt, pastries, eggs. We used the gym, which had everything we needed. The rooms are clean and modern. I am pretty picky about hotel beds because I hate to leave my Tempur-Pedic, but found Le Marais' to be quite comfy. Oh, and the bar is great, too. I was on a girls' weekend trip, and we found ourselves there for afternoon cocktails often.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the highest floor possible. Sometimes the noise from Bourbon street can s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Meri B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are glad to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for your kind words on our breakfast, rooms and bar. We surely can't wait to serve you again. Hope to see you soon!
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

The Hotel was everything you see on the website. Comfortable, Clean, Modern with a Very Friendly Staff. Court Yard was a Big Plus. Worth the price!

Room Tip: Hotel is centrally located, Court Yard is a Plus, Nice Bar & Continental Breakfast Service. Sta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank joeysails
Thank you for writing a review for Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words on our hotel, staff, and our complimentary breakfast. We surely can't wait to serve you again. Warm Greetings!