All reviewspublic servicerooftop barpublic utilityhotel tonightdouble queen suitecool buildingluxury hotelspecial weekendeasy walk to french quartergorgeous lobbyhuge showera lovely place to stayrooms are hugewell appointed and comfortableprevious guestshistoric buildingbeautiful hotel
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I checked into a Junior suite (king) tonight and requested a different room when I noticed spider webs in the corners of the room and the lack of a bathtub (which I had requested). I was offered an upgrade to a Deluxe suite for $30/night and accepted this, hoping that my room would be cleaner and nicer. However, it’s clear that the Deluxe suite was not cleaned between stays. There was a water bottle cap, earring back, hair, and crumbs on the floor/carpet. The sheets were also filthy. I notified the front desk and they had housekeeping “clean” the room while I ran some errands. I specifically asked housekeeping to vacuum and mop. When I returned, I noticed that they hadn’t (see photos). There were still crumbs on the carpet and stains all over the bathroom floor. My husband ended up wiping down the bathroom floor and removed the drips, especially around the toilet (gross). We had housekeeping come back to vacuum again. Please consider another hotel. I’m a NOLA native and I’m embarrassed by this hotel. We mentioned our issues again to the front desk and didn’t even get an apology. It’s really bad. If it weren’t so late, I’d be gone in a heartbeat.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank lepmd
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Spent 3 nights leading up to New Years at this new hotel. Got a room with 2 queen beds. Was very happy with our stay. The room was well laid out with tonnes of space and high ceilings. The bathroom and standing shower was huge! Also, I really appreciated the fluffy white towels.

My only critique of the room is that the cleaning staff could pay a little more attention to the details. We found a few discarded shopping tags and hangers from the previous guests. Nothing major. But the cleaning job could have been better.

The front desk staff and door men always greeted us with a smile and were happy to help in any way they could.

As for location, I was hesitant at first about staying in the CBD at first. But the French Quarter is only a 10 min walking distance. And there are a bunch of excellent restaurants in the CBD / Warehouse district. And there's a grocery market (Rouses) just a few blocks away.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Ellen L, General Manager at NOPSI Hotel New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for providing our team with feedback from your recent stay. I am thrilled that you had a pleasant visit to New Orleans and that our Service Professionals played a memorable part in it. Our location in the CBD allows NOPSI to be a quiet oasis just walking distance from the busy French Quarter. We certainly hope to serve you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Ellen LeMaire

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This hotel is in the perfect location to walk to the French quarter and other attractions without being right in the thick of it. It's a 5 minute walk to the French quarter, about a 40 minute walk to the Garden district and there are lots of good restaurants right in the CBD. The roof bar at the hotel is also fun, with a DJ playing music at night. We liked the lobby bar and the attached restaurant as well. My one complaint is the total lack of a view from our room on the second floor, we didn't even bother opening the curtains and the housekeeping wouldn't replace toiletries and tea unless you asked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on a higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018

It was a nice stay at NOPSI-it was away from the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter, yet close enough to get to where you needed to be and to explore. The Hotel/lobby itself was very clean, well decorated, and pleasing to walk into with courteous staff and the room was available earlier than expected.

The room we were in was very spacious and very clean-definitely exceeded my expectations. However, The view from the room was terrible for the amount paid-we faced a parking structure. It may have been a combination of NYE, a College Football game and availability?

This is not directly toward the Hotel but the Hotel restaurant-the restaurant joined with the hotel was quite terrible for New Year's Eve-it was a pre fixe menu. The food and/or Chef needs to be changed immediately. Food arrived cold, late, and most dishes were unpalatable for the amount paid-really disappointed.

But to end things Nicely-the hotel was nice.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janelle d
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

From the inside it is hard to tell this was a renovated biulding. Most of the staff was very nice. However, the night staff was ill equipped to handle a large volume of requests and room service ran out of food. Our television had no sound, but could have been user error. When I called the front desk the phone just rang until it disenganged and I had to call back. This happened multiple times. I hope this hotel will get its staffing together for larger events such as the Sugar Bowl.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple