Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
Ranked #75 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
“Speechless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

My first time to New Orleans. My cousin bachelor party everybody stayed at the W hotel. I decided to stay at the courtyard since I get a discounted rate bad choice. The room was fairly clean until i noticed hair throughout the bathroom. Then there were blood stained sheets on my bed. Came back from Bourbon street tried getting in my room but the door wouldnt open. They said the door battery died and had me wait for the security guard who couldnt open the door either. I kept trying myself and it finally opened 45 mins later. The brightspot about this hotel is that its right across the street from Bourbon and Canal. The valets were nice and helpful. They watched my bags while I couldnt check in right away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tnfuturedr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Terrible stay. We wanted to stay for a night in the city for our honeymoon, before returning home to Dallas. However our stay was very upsetting. They are doing some serious renovations right now and completly failed to mention the construction at any time: before, during, or after our stay (not even an excuse the mess).The entire hotel was a mess: unfinished sheetrock walls, dust all over the floors, laders and tools left in the hall ways, just a mess. The room was fairly clean, but there was a fire alarm beeping outside our room all night. We ask them to fix it and it never was. After our (unwanted) early morning wake up call from the construction crew, we had to fight for coffee because none of the staff wanted to refill the pot. The front desk was also extremely unhelpful and slow.

We stay at Marriotts all the time and we have never been so unsatified with any other hotel stay before.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KateH2754
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This courtyard is conveniently located close to bourbon street and other Marriott hotels on Canal Street-which is how I ended up at this courtyard-as the Marriott on Canal was booked. The staff are super friendly (water and pretzels at check in). The lobby is new and the cafe is very nice with personal TVs in the booths with your own remote. The hotel rooms are terribly old and in great need of updates-including the bathroom, furniture, matress, and flooring. The hotel is under construction-noisy at night (checked in at 10pm-still working). Plastic is taped all over and workers are on site. It will be nice when they are finished. The gym is in an odd place-but small (2 cardio machines) with a hot tub next door that you can see from the gym. I had breakfast in the cafe-starbucks drinks made to order and brought to your table and low fat breakfast sandwiches. The cafe staff are short handed-but offer great customer service. Would stay again-once it is upgraded to match the lobby experience.

Room Tip: Avoid a room in the atrium. Construction
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We were at this hotel for five nights and we were woken up at 7:30 am every morning including Saturday and Sunday. We were using points to obtain this stay and we were not able to move to another Mariott hotel . I did not want to pay for another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lstegall34
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

My boyfriend surprised me on a Friday morning with a trip to New Orleans for the weekend. He hadn't planned it, he just decided we wanted to go... and since there was a festival in town that weekend, I booked the first hotel I could and hoped for the best.

The location of this hotel is FANTASTIC - it's far enough away to where the noise isn't an issue, but it's close enough to be able to walk everywhere and there is a stop for the St. Charles street car REALLY close.

Our room was very large, especially by New Orleans standards and it had a balcony overlooking the street which was a nice perk. We had easy access to the galleries on Royal Street and could be in Jackson Square within 10 minutes on foot or by taking the street car that stops in front of Harrah's/Hilton.

The staff was friendly and we were warned ahead of time to give valet plenty of time to pull our car around, as they were sharing a garage with another property a few blocks away. No problem - we didn't need/want our car until it was time to go anyway.

I would stay here again, mostly because I don't like staying in the hub-bub of crowds while on vacation. I liked how convenient it was to the action, yet appreciated how removed it was whe n I was ready to go to sleep. Overall, for the price we paid at the last minute, the size of our room, and convenience, I think this hotel is a steal.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple